PLAYOFFS IN WHAT IF SIM BASEBALL Topic

HOW DIFFERENT ARE THEY FROM THE REGULAR SEASON ?

WHATS THE BEST WAY TO REST YOUR PLAYERS FOR THE PLAYOFFS?

DO PITCHERS GET FATIGUED QUICKER IN THE PLAYOFFS?

ARE THE FATIGUE LEVELS RESET FOR THE PLAYOFFS? I READ SOMEWHERE ON THIS SITE THEY ARE RESET? HOW DOES THAT WORK?

WHERE CAN WE FIND ANY OF THIS INFO ON THE WIS SITE ?
2/2/2013 2:04 PM
I believe the sim engine works exactly the same for the playoffs.  I have heard, tho I am unsure if it is true, that error rates are bumped up slightly in the playoffs.

Going into the playoffs, if you can, rest players so that they are at 100%.
You are allowed to bank up to 5% of your player's alloted PAs (or pitches) going into the playoffs.  So keep your very good  low PA and low IP at about 105% of their actual PA or IP going into the playoffs.

Yes and no.  Pitchers face better teams in the playoffs, so you can expect that on average they will not go as deep into games.  However, there is no mechanism that changes fatigue rate in the playoffs.

Check this forum.  
2/2/2013 3:04 PM
Just to expand the infromation above...

Banking PA and IP works like this:
A player can keep upto 5% of their allocated PA or pitches in reserve heading into the playoffs.  For example '87 coleman has 702 real life (rl) PAs.  He is allocated 772 PAs (702 * 1.10) in the sim with his 10% allowance.  He could keep in reserve up to 38 PAs (772 * 0.05).

Once the playoffs start a player is aloocated his real life (PA/162) /162.  So for example '87 Coleman  would get  4.3 PA per game.  If your series goes 6 games, he would be allotted a total of 26PA for the series.

If another series in your league goes longer than yours (after you won yours) your players are alotted PAs or pitches for those days off.  So for example, if another playoff series goes 7 games, Coleman would be allotted 4.3 more PAs on his off day.  

2/3/2013 12:16 AM
You also should think more strategically in the playoffs.  You should maximize the use of your best players and pitchers in the playoffs.  This generally means turning off resting player and mop-up pitchers options.  You may also consider changing (increasing) pull settings on any or all of your pitchers, but especially setup Bs and long Bs.   Also remember, a low IP starter like Bob Milacki can be very effective for a single game in the playoffs.
2/3/2013 12:23 AM
bumping up? like going from 3 to 4 ? or 4 to 5? very helpful info...appreicate it greatly...
2/5/2013 10:24 PM (edited)
Posted by pruman1992 on 2/5/2013 10:24:00 PM (view original):
bumping up? like going from 3 to 4 ? or 4 to 5? very helpful info...appreicate it greatly...

Bumping your pull setting by 1 sounds reasonable to me.  Others may have different opinions.

2/5/2013 10:51 PM
PLAYOFFS IN WHAT IF SIM BASEBALL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.