I've never seen this.... Topic

Check out this crazy eighth inning and find the craziest part of it.

Context...game 3 in a TOC, trailing 8-0 into the top of the 9th. (Series in my favor 2-0).

K.Griffey Sr. grounds a single to RF.  
DP E.Collins fields the groundball but makes a bad throw to 2B. K.Hernandez reaches on the throwing error.  
  M.Schmidt is frozen on strike 3. M.Schmidt is ejected for jawing with the umpire.  
  T.Paciorek lines a single to RCF. K.Griffey Sr. scores. K.Hernandez scores.  
DP G.Foster hits a line drive single to LF.  
DP B.Grich grounds a single to LCF. T.Paciorek scores.  
DP R.Yount hits an infield single to SS.  
DP J.Sundberg draws the walk. G.Foster scores.  
  A.Rodriguez enters the game as a pinch-hitter for J.Reardon.  
  C.Hill enters the game to pitch.  
DP A.Rodriguez hits a shallow flyout to LCF.  
  K.Griffey Sr. hits a Texas League single to RF. B.Grich scores. R.Yount scores.  
  K.Hernandez hits a bloop single to RF. J.Sundberg scores.  
  M.Schmidt takes ball four.  
  B.Stein enters the game as a pinch-runner for M.Schmidt.  
  H.Krause enters the game to pitch.  
  T.Paciorek hits a flyball single to LF. K.Griffey Sr. scores. K.Hernandez scores.  
  G.Foster fouls out to first.
2/4/2013 2:58 AM
M.Schmidt takes ball four.

Shouldn't that have been Bill Stein? That is crazy and I've never seen that either. Hopefully that was in your favor?
2/4/2013 3:03 AM
yes it was!
2/4/2013 3:15 AM
Just another example of how the sim engine desperately needs an update.
2/4/2013 10:59 AM
I've always wondered... what do the letters on the left side mean (i.e., in this case, "DP")?
2/4/2013 6:23 PM
There is a glossary at the bottom of each box score that explains them. DP means the infield was at double play depth.
2/4/2013 7:30 PM
How is it that I've looked at hundreds of box scores and never noticed that glossary. :S
2/4/2013 8:39 PM
Hernandez reaches on a throwing error - men on 1st and 2nd - Schmidt fans - Hernandez scores(from 1st??) on a single to RCF.?????????????
2/5/2013 11:40 AM
I would say Griffey went to 3rd and Hernandez went to 2nd?
2/5/2013 11:47 AM

Mike Schmidt stayed in the game after being ejected.

2/5/2013 1:10 PM
Maybe Schmidt was in disguise when he came up again, ala Bobby Valentine's fake mustache and glasses.

2/5/2013 4:59 PM
I'm guessing the ejection is actually a substitution at the end of the half-inning. Never saw that before though.
2/6/2013 9:11 AM
Obviously he didn't start jawing with the umpire until after he walked. ;-)
2/6/2013 11:43 AM
Posted by grayfoxx on 2/5/2013 11:40:00 AM (view original):
Hernandez reaches on a throwing error - men on 1st and 2nd - Schmidt fans - Hernandez scores(from 1st??) on a single to RCF.?????????????
Hernandez has wheels!
2/8/2013 4:49 PM
Kinda on this topic, does anyone know if you have injuries off, can a player still be ejected?
2/10/2013 9:41 PM
I've never seen this.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.