Double team and tip in's?? Topic

I doubled teamed a player (SG) and it seems that after he evaded the double team, he shot and missed but the ball was instantly rebounded and tipped in.  Happened 3 straight times.  Do you think that double teaming a player opens up the lane more for tip in's?  Is this just a coincidence?  Anyone else noticed that with double teams?  Thanks  
2/4/2013 11:56 AM
Could be a coincidence, could be how it was programmed to work.  My first instinct would be to think that DT'ing a player WOULD allow for more tip-ins, offensive rebounds, etc. simply because there is now a player unaccounted for by the defense.  It would seem to be even more likely if the player being DT'ed were a guard, since that would tend to pull two defenders farther away from the rim (for the most part).  However, if it happened three straight times, my guess is that it's more than just a coincidence.
2/4/2013 2:32 PM (edited)
Probably the fact that it happened rather consecetively was a coincidence.  Certainly my understanding of how a D'Team would open up the lane/key by pulling out another defender is right on par with yours.  I have just never tracked the negatives to D'Teaming in HD.  I don't do it often so I don't have a ton of examples but it showed up big the other night which makes me think maybe the "tip in" is a legitimate issue with D'Teaming.  Interesting to think about either way.  Alright, thanks for the thoughts.  
2/4/2013 3:13 PM
I would think the tip-in/offensive rebounding is a real issue w/ double teaming. What defense were you running the double-team from?
2/4/2013 5:04 PM
In that game the 3-2 zone at +1.  Obviously just running a 3-2 at + always yields offensive rebounds for your opponent but it seemed odd that they came specifically off of the double team.  Seemed that there was a direct correlation there according to the verbage used in the play by play.  
2/4/2013 6:33 PM
Oh yeah, that would seem to create the perfect storm of getting your tail kicked off of a double team. If the guy you were double teaming was a guard, I would run a 2-3 to cover both bases. With a 3-2, double teaming is a little bit of overkill.
2/5/2013 4:38 PM
Double team and tip in's?? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.