I have never seen this. I had a redshirt junior quarterback send me an email at season's end saying Goodbye Coach. He had not seen enough playing time and so he felt like it was a waste of time playing for my Harvard squad and he was leaving. If the guy was a dud I sure wouldn't complain, but this guy was the 7th best QB according to GUESS. He would have been easily a top 5 QB by the start of his senior year and would have been a shoe in for my starter. I think I just finished my 47th season and I have never heard of this and I sure haven't seen it on one of my teams. Anybody ever se this before? How often does it happen? Anyway sucks to lose a guy that you have nurtured along and he tied up a roster spot for 4 years as well.
2/4/2013 9:45 PM
I' ve had it happen at D1 Texas once. Ive nevwr heard of it at D1AA though. Its rare. Sorry. that sucks. 
2/4/2013 10:47 PM
Seems like there should be a way to lure him back with a promise. Maybe there should be an email from the player about him leaving and a period of time (during the job change) that you need to get back to him and promise playing time or %plays to have him stay. In real life if a players knows the next year he will be #1 on the depth chart he would stick around. More tweaking to the game.
2/5/2013 1:27 AM
Anything that happens this infrequently shouldn't be part of the game.
2/5/2013 2:00 AM
When did they turn back on players leaving early, last time norbert posted anything about this issue he had stop this until it it had been corrected.
2/5/2013 7:31 AM
Posted by nyaggie98 on 2/5/2013 7:31:00 AM (view original):
When did they turn back on players leaving early, last time norbert posted anything about this issue he had stop this until it it had been corrected.
They didn't, the player left because he felt he wasn't getting the playing time he thought he deserved. You're probably thinking of D1A players leaving early for the draft; this no longer occurs.
2/5/2013 9:14 AM
Posted by katzphang88 on 2/5/2013 1:27:00 AM (view original):
Seems like there should be a way to lure him back with a promise. Maybe there should be an email from the player about him leaving and a period of time (during the job change) that you need to get back to him and promise playing time or %plays to have him stay. In real life if a players knows the next year he will be #1 on the depth chart he would stick around. More tweaking to the game.
+1
2/5/2013 10:03 AM
Posted by mgm0461 on 2/5/2013 9:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by nyaggie98 on 2/5/2013 7:31:00 AM (view original):
They didn't, the player left because he felt he wasn't getting the playing time he thought he deserved. You're probably thinking of D1A players leaving early for the draft; this no longer occurs.
Thanks for the info, I took it as all players not leaving early period.
2/5/2013 10:33 AM
Posted by nebsean on 2/4/2013 9:45:00 PM (view original):
I have never seen this. I had a redshirt junior quarterback send me an email at season's end saying Goodbye Coach. He had not seen enough playing time and so he felt like it was a waste of time playing for my Harvard squad and he was leaving. If the guy was a dud I sure wouldn't complain, but this guy was the 7th best QB according to GUESS. He would have been easily a top 5 QB by the start of his senior year and would have been a shoe in for my starter. I think I just finished my 47th season and I have never heard of this and I sure haven't seen it on one of my teams. Anybody ever se this before? How often does it happen? Anyway sucks to lose a guy that you have nurtured along and he tied up a roster spot for 4 years as well.
I had the same thing happen a few seasons back in D2 at Minn-crookston. Granted my QB was a career backup, but still it would have been his senior year and I had never promised him anything from day one
2/5/2013 9:26 PM
You get around this by starting them in ONE game (just pick a sim game) their RS JR season.  Even if a guy is a career backup get him in a few games that you are blowing out or start him in one game youre going to stomp as a senior and they are good.  Guys that don't see the field leave after RS JR season (especially QBs)  I had it happen twice to me, one QB and one RB and I have just made sure they get in a few games or start one game and I haven't lost one since.
2/6/2013 9:33 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.