New to D1-AA after good success in D2 and D3.  What are the pitfalls to avoid and the hints for recruiting?  It looks particulary tough as I have a very good vision D1-AA team.  Fearful of D1 teams for recruiting.  About where should I be looking at the position ranks for D1-AA?  I would appreciate any help. 
2/4/2013 9:57 PM
Well with low vision you're in the clear. But in your situation I would target the guys in your 360 and only battle teams that are D-1aa if necessary but go for the guys that are undecided wait on some low D-1 guys to see if they come available later in the process after signing has started. I think the best thing to do is wait and only battle sims off your guys and avoid human battles as much as possible even though they cost about the same 15-25 k per player to knock a team off. (same for lower d-1 teams outside their 360 as I've won many battles with coaches trying to sneak into florida from the north or the west coasts-greedy basterdz lol)
2/4/2013 10:57 PM
At DIAA good vision isn't necessarily a good thing. The more you can see, the more you have to fight with DIA. It's really a balancing act: if you're shooting for good recruits, you WILL get hosed by DIA teams. You just have to be patient, and have a plan B, and a plan C, and a plan D ...
2/5/2013 12:51 AM
Save a few schollies for those players that will discontinue considering D1A schools.  When a school fills all its schollies there will always be a few players falling back to undecided or considering SimAi.
2/5/2013 10:15 AM
I have found that paying attention to the local DI teams and using yatzr's tool to track their recruiting class has a lot of merit if you want to pick up some late top talent.  I'm not patient enough in my risk taking - but it helps make up for when your players get poached if you are at that level of vision.
2/5/2013 3:45 PM
majique has it. you can get very good players staying out of the way of 1A and within a couple hundred miles. You can get great players by holding 25000 in reserve and re-running your searches when only a few days remain in recruiting. You run the risk of getting shut out and picking up a couple of sim recruits. no big deal. A backup recruit not signed by an elite can be a superstar at 1AA. clememp's plan is the logical extension of the idea, but i was an english major so yatzr's tool baffles me. 
2/5/2013 6:06 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.