1)If I promise a recruit that he will start as a sophpmore is it okay to redshirt him as a freshman or will this upset him?

2) I see several coaches in my world that has coached a D3 school for 10 or 12 seasons. I thought the whole point was to try to get to D1A. Is their a reason they are staying low or is it hard to get a job at the next level? This is my first season, thank you all for helping me with all my questions.
2/5/2013 10:47 AM
1:  YES, you can do this...no problem, but you must start him during his second year on your team. (his RS Freshman year)

2.  The point is NOT to move up to D1A.  The point is to have fun and some coaches enjoy building a "Dynasty" at various levels.  I've been at my first school (at D3) for over 20 seasons now and will remain there my entire career.  In another world I'm slowly moving up to D1A, which was my plan for that world.  Some coaches like D2 a a lot and actually, I think it is my favorite thus far.  Just do what you want...its all up to you.  Its actually pretty easy to get a D2 job and could happen after 1 season if you have decent success (I don't know what the minimum is).
2/5/2013 10:56 AM
To expand on Harris' input, the lower levels are more attractive to some coaches because of playoffs vs. bowls and because there's more player growth, so roster management is way more fun.  

2/5/2013 11:43 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.