Recruits That Went JUCO On You in D1 Topic

Do these guys show any favoritism to you the next season in recruiting if you signed them and then they went JUCO instead of showing to campus?
2/5/2013 12:41 PM
You will see 3-year players show up already considering a D1 team that had put in effort last season, so yes.
2/5/2013 1:10 PM
yes, i think the belief has long been that 25% of the effort you put in last year rolls over, just like rollover cash, but i personally have never tried to substantiate that, nor do i know where that figure came from.
2/5/2013 1:26 PM
2/5/2007 3:28 PM mamxet
Some people say that recruiting effort in a prior season is worth about 1/2 of current season effort. Others say that it is worth about 1/4 of current season effort. I have the impression that this may have been adjusted when the carryover of cash from season to season was cut from 1/2 to 1/4 of remainng budget

which is closer - about 1/2 credit or about 1/4 credit? anything more you can tell us about how much carries over? there is a thread in which people have reported different alleged "facts"

thanks
2/6/2007 10:33 AM Customer Support
It's approximately 1/2 credit.
2/5/2013 3:19 PM
Great. Thank you guys for your help! There was a PG recruit that I signed for my mid-level team that I needed for next season that spurned me but I'm glad that I have a decent shot to sign him again. Really need him since I am losing both my starter and backup PGs.
2/5/2013 7:02 PM
Just make sure he's still close to your school and didn't end up halfway across the country.  If he did, that 1/2 credit still may not be enough to fend off the schools that are now local.
2/5/2013 7:19 PM
oh wow, thats pretty damn significant. i never knew that, it might be better to dump all your money into an ineligible at the end then, if you have 40k left you get 20k on him next season vs 10k now... i guess its probably better than 50% he shows, so maybe its not a good idea afterall... but i definitely have times where i waste money before taking a walkon or something, id throw it into my ineligible now, and might even throw in rollover if i liked him enough
2/5/2013 8:11 PM
Regardless of what CS said, I still believe the percentage to be much closer to 25 than to 50.  Given CS' track record with getting even the most basic of information wrong, do you really trust them all that much when it comes to a question like this?
2/6/2013 2:16 AM
Metz answer is from 6 years ago as well... it could have been changed a couple times since then
2/6/2013 4:30 PM
So recruiting just started and no, I didn't start as being considered by the recruit. 
2/11/2013 6:09 PM
put in some minor effort and see what happens...

the risk at D1 is that he ends up with better ratings and a higher-level team wants him. GL.      

2/11/2013 7:20 PM
Yep, that's what happened. I put in effort on the first cycle...some home visits, evals and an offer and he was on with Northwestern before I had a shot. Oh well.
2/13/2013 9:53 AM
Recruits That Went JUCO On You in D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.