Does this guy get drafted? Topic

Yeah I didn't know if stats matter or not.
2/7/2013 12:39 AM
I thought I read in a developed chat it was:

core ratings
awards
stats

I'll see if I can find it later.
2/7/2013 5:58 AM
Posted by tianyi7886 on 2/6/2013 12:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kevb on 2/6/2013 11:29:00 AM (view original):
No way. Very few D1 players not in a Big 6 conference get drafted. He'd have a shot if you made it to the sweet 16 or further. But with the way recruiting benefits big schools the small schools in WIS are not landing the John stockton or Stephen curry's of the HD world.
Disagree. HD engine does not differentiate between BCS school and nonBCS school when it comes to drafts. I personally have had players getting drafted from nonBCS schools at C+ prestige, 1st round NT busts, and the players that were drafted weren't close to the OP's player in terms of career stats or awards. 
tianyi...I did not mean the engine differentiates a difference but how prestige/recruiting budget does make a difference in quality of recruits between BCS & non-BCS schools. If you look at Duke or NC in most HD worlds their 6-7th string are better than most All-Conference non-BCS players. In the past I've had guys drafted from non-BCS schools too but it's been a very long time 20-25 seasons ago and this is no longer the case.
2/7/2013 7:52 AM
I've had guys drafted from Princeton within the last 10 seasons.  Dartmouth sends a guy pro every other year or so.
2/7/2013 9:45 AM
Posted by kevb on 2/7/2013 7:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tianyi7886 on 2/6/2013 12:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kevb on 2/6/2013 11:29:00 AM (view original):
No way. Very few D1 players not in a Big 6 conference get drafted. He'd have a shot if you made it to the sweet 16 or further. But with the way recruiting benefits big schools the small schools in WIS are not landing the John stockton or Stephen curry's of the HD world.
Disagree. HD engine does not differentiate between BCS school and nonBCS school when it comes to drafts. I personally have had players getting drafted from nonBCS schools at C+ prestige, 1st round NT busts, and the players that were drafted weren't close to the OP's player in terms of career stats or awards. 
tianyi...I did not mean the engine differentiates a difference but how prestige/recruiting budget does make a difference in quality of recruits between BCS & non-BCS schools. If you look at Duke or NC in most HD worlds their 6-7th string are better than most All-Conference non-BCS players. In the past I've had guys drafted from non-BCS schools too but it's been a very long time 20-25 seasons ago and this is no longer the case.
This guy's rating is BCS caliber so whether a nonbcs team can land good enough talent doesn't really matter. Looking at the draft, there are always a couple of nonbcs players getting drafted every year.
2/7/2013 11:07 AM
I got $20 on NO.   The ACC's towel boys have higher ratings.
2/8/2013 4:51 PM
2/12/2013 3:38 PM
did he get drafted?
2/13/2013 12:07 PM
looks like a NO - that would suggest, to me, ratings and awards are NOT taken into account. the NPOY used to always be the #1 pick, but seble changed that - but i think that is still a factor. however, i thought stats were removed from the entire everything related to draft picks, and if that was not the case, i would have expected this guy to go. but on ratings, it totally makes sense that he would go undrafted - even from a NC squad, but especially from an early exit team.
2/13/2013 12:48 PM
He didn't get drafted, which I thought was a little surprising. Thoughts on this guy being drafted? I believe he was Preseason AA 1st team:

http://whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=13078&pid=2292747
2/13/2013 2:06 PM
◂ Prev 12
Does this guy get drafted? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.