CAPRA S27. Two Open Teams. Topic

Entering Season 27, World Capra has two teams open due to a departing owners. Team links below.

In his World Rankings from April of last year, dmurphy ranked Capra as the 13th highest World out of 178 possible. We have great competition and balance and consistently low turnover. All teams must win 110 every two seasons, or be subject to review from the Capra Board of Directors (myself, jrnyfan01)  

Potential owners will be screened to ensure integrity. Sitemails sent to me.
2/11/2013 9:18 PM (edited)
Hey guys,  sign up.

Capra is a terrific league.  Competitive, consistent, user-friendly, all the good stuff.  No drama, no jerk owners, just good Old Time Baseball with just the right competitive edge!

Buzz Capra wants you to sign up.  Uncle Sam wants you to sign up.  Betty Grable wants you to sign up.  Ernie Banks and Ron Santo want you to sign up twice.

Just do it.

moe
2/7/2013 1:13 PM
Often, available teams are teams in the cellar that don't have short-term aspirations.  These are not those teams.  Grab one of these 2 teams and you'll have a shot at competing this year.
2/7/2013 3:38 PM
say hello to my lit-tle frien'

2/7/2013 6:51 PM
Buzzzzzzzzzzzz, my man!
2/7/2013 6:59 PM
Both open franchises have some solid prospects. Especially Buffalo.
2/8/2013 8:22 AM
This vacancy won't last long.  Jump in now to get in a high quality league!
2/8/2013 6:41 PM
The gentleman solely responsible for the name of this world returns, ready to face his greatest nemesis, Buzz F'ing Capra.

July 3rd 2005, Cooperstown, New York. Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum Auditorium, the event is a "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" style trivia contest.  Yours truely dominated the qualification and is sitting on stage.  After polling the audience to get past the first question, I cruised past the next seven in a style not seen since the Nazi Wermacht cruised through the French countryside in 1940.

The final question, for all the marbles, "Who led the National League in ERA in 1974?  A: Buzz Capra  B: Jon Matlack  C: Phil Niekro  D: Tom Seaver"

Wasn't 100% sure off the top of my head, so I went with the 50/50.  I turn to our humble announcer and say "You're taking off A of course, right?"  He replies, "we'll remove B and C".  This should have been a clue.  Three nanoseconds later, I blurt out "D, Tom Seaver, final answer".  Humble announcer grins as one does upon seeing such a trainwreck, hits a button, and pulls up a large photograph of one Lee William Capra.

My good friends, eagle61, chazzzzzz and especially jrnyfan01, being the good guys they are, took some sort of joy in this, as this was just before the dawn of HBD, they decided to create a private world.  The name was never really in doubt.  To celebrate my epic fail, the Buzz Capra HBD world was born.
2/9/2013 11:39 AM
And now you know............ the rest of the story.
2/9/2013 7:13 PM
Post-rollover, we have two teams that did not renew in time. Haven't heard from the owners in weeks. We will move forward out of respect to the other 30 owners ready to go. Both open teams are in the AL South.

Al South #1: This first team has had just two owners over the last 25 seasons. Owes about 60M in the upcoming season. Holds some solid prospects in the minors, as well as the #10 pick in the draft. 

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Franchise Profile

2/11/2013 9:26 PM
AL South #2:  Cared for by one owner for the last 21 seasons. Owes maybe 55M in the coming season. Solid prospects, #8 pick in the draft. 

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Franchise Profile
2/11/2013 9:30 PM
Great league guys.  Sign up now.  Get it while it's hot.

moe
2/12/2013 12:22 PM
Posted by moethedog on 2/12/2013 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Great league guys.  Sign up now.  Get it while it's hot.

moe
moe, who won the World Series last season?
2/12/2013 9:52 PM
The AL East had a vote and we decided to let someone from a different division win it this year.
2/13/2013 4:31 PM
Wait sj, I have to think about it for a minute.

Why, wasn't it the Syracuse Sicilians?

And I'll be darned!  They belong to me!

I had almost forgotten!  :)

Thanks for the gift, btw, dc!

moe (who is dang well enjoying the trophy!)

Hey...join up.  This means you. Great league, great guys (and one gal),  great competition.  What's not to like?

2/13/2013 5:52 PM
12 Next ▸
CAPRA S27. Two Open Teams. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.