Help getting over hump Topic

My Creighton team in wooden world.  Need to go to next level.  Take a look at the game versus New Mexico and Yale.  Teams were identical rating and defense.  Beat 1 at home by 17 and lose to other on road by 24.  I get to NT, but I want to step my game up.  I don't want to be mediocre anymore.  One ran a fastbreak off.  Is it that he ran the fastbreak uptempo or is home court that big of a deal.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks
2/7/2013 9:46 PM
they are bricking a lot of 3's for some reason
2/7/2013 10:06 PM
With such a small sample, it's hard to say with a lot of certainty. Yale definitely has better perimeter defenders. Plus, they played a more aggressive perimeter defense than New Mexico. Home court does play a part for sure. Your perimeter shooters aren't really good enough athletes to be shooting so much at the DI level. I like your freshman guards, though. Keep recruiting like that and you'll see better results.
2/8/2013 12:32 AM
You need better players.   You can't win in the NT with dudes that have ATH in the 40's, 50's or really 60's.   If your player's core values aren't at least  in the 80's you're gonna get smoked by decent teams.
2/8/2013 6:47 AM
Help getting over hump Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.