Service Time / Play offs Topic

I have a couple guys in AAA that could help my team in the playoffs.  My plan was to call them up next season after 20 games.  Will time played in the playoffs this season count as ML service time? If it doesnt I'll call them up for play offs and drop them back down after we roll.
2/8/2013 1:04 PM
Right.

You can actually demote them before the end of the season if for some reason you didn't make the WS.
This way they will be making 55K or whatever starting next season. Otherwise they will go from 327k this season to 343k next season.

And Post Season games do not count towards service time.
2/8/2013 1:15 PM
Awesome. I though that was correct.  Thanks
2/8/2013 4:16 PM
Demotion penalty risk if you demote them at the end of the season instead of waiting till next preseason
2/10/2013 1:26 AM
Not if they were called up after roster expansion.
2/10/2013 7:15 AM
Just make sure they still have an option (it sounds like they're youngsters, so I'm sure they do).
2/10/2013 9:05 AM
I brought up 2 young pitchers at the end of my season just to get some ML time and hopefully reap the benefits of the better coaching. I had them both in AAA throughout the season, but I probably should have had at least 1 in AA. My question is this: Our world is about to roll and both are still on the ML roster. I know I can send them back to AAA without taking a demotion penalty, but what if I were to send one of them down to AA? Does that still fall under the umbrella of a free demotion without penalty since they were brought up after roster expansion?
2/10/2013 10:33 PM
I think so.
2/11/2013 12:20 PM

I think so, too. That's just an educated guess, or maybe a foggy anecdotal recollection.

I doubt Simmy keeps track of from where they were promoted when roster's expanded.

2/11/2013 1:32 PM
Until someone definitely confirmed it, I wouldn't take the chance.
Send them to AAA, and then demote before roster freeze the following season. That only costs an additional 17K. I can live with that.
2/11/2013 1:54 PM
Service Time / Play offs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.