D3 Prestige Question Topic

I took over a team that had a B prestige in D3 Allen.  However, we have 6 freshmen and no seniors.  As a result, we went 8-19 with the #338 RPI.  I get that the season was bad, but it was a rebuilding year.  My prestige dropped to a C-.  I was thinking that it would be a C or a C+.  Why did my team drop so far in just one season?
2/9/2013 10:26 AM
The team had just recently made a big jump from C to B after a great season. Prestige is based on a rolling history so part of the calculation goes back to those fairly recent years where the team was a C/C-.
2/9/2013 3:22 PM
That and the most recent season is like 50% of the calculation for DIII and DII.
2/9/2013 3:30 PM
Where will my other team (in Iba) drop?  In a similar situation, we went 10-18, due to playing a top-40 schedule.  Our RPI is 171, and our prestige is a B+ that is well-established.
2/10/2013 1:40 AM
Probably will drop to B- or C+.  Your strength of schedule doesn't matter with prestige. The formula is based primarily on # of wins and post-season results.

I saw a team jump from C to B with 28 wins and a first round loss. Their SOS was  341, they were 59-131 over the previous 7 seasons,  and they hadn't made the NT in 26 seasons.
2/10/2013 7:55 AM (edited)
D3 Prestige Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.