i have a right handed 21 year old player with a speed rating of 100 and bunt rating of 92...his vsLHP rating is 70, but his vsRHP rating is only 2...will he get enough bunt/infield singles to be an everyday player for me at the big league level...or will he be so pathetic at the plate vs RHP that it only makes sense to consider platooning him?
2/10/2013 10:50 AM
Tony Manzanillo is the player.

I don't know that you can do much at all with him unless his glove goes up another 10 points, but you certainly can't play him every day.  He's probably OK as a utility player, resting your up-the-middle guys when you face a lefty, but even then:
     1. He's going to make a lot of errors when he plays SS, more than your backup SS would ordinarily make, and
     2. He'll run into a ton of outs with that 57 BR rating.

He's rosterable at minimum wage for the right team, but expectations should be modest even against LHP, and you can't let him see an RHP if you can help it.

2/10/2013 11:49 AM
thanks for the info dedel
2/10/2013 12:22 PM
I wouldn't even want the guy on my ML roster. He is not going to be an effective hitter in the ML, even versus lefties with the really low contact. His glove eliminates him from being a backup at SS or CF. His high speed makes him a prime candidate to be called on to pinch run and like dedelman states, that mediocre baserunning value is going to get him thrown out a lot. I would be looking for someone else for the ML team and using him as a minor league lifer.
2/11/2013 6:28 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.