What are good point guard attributes d3 Topic

I was wondering what attributes were good for a point guard at d3. Is 30 ath, 30 def, 80 pass, 80 bh, 65 speed good?
2/10/2013 6:26 PM
Personally when I evaluate a player, I figure everything out based upon what he is going to be when he is maxed out. For a good point guard, I try to have their ath and speed be around 120 when added together. Depending on your defensive it is different but I like to aim for around a 50 defensive. With passing and bh, anywhere above 70 is solid. If your point guard is fast enough and has good enough skills, he solid scorer even with a low perimeter. However if you want him to be more of a threat from outside then add in a higher perimeter. I'm sure other people will have different numbers but this is what I try to use. Granted I haven't been as successful as other coaches so take it for what its worth!
2/10/2013 6:49 PM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 2/10/2013 6:26:00 PM (view original):
I was wondering what attributes were good for a point guard at d3. Is 30 ath, 30 def, 80 pass, 80 bh, 65 speed good?
Short answer, no.
2/10/2013 7:57 PM
I think you want to aim a little higher in ath / spd / def. As ruplayer mentioned, a good benchmark at D3 is for ath + spd to be at least 120. You probably would like defense to be a bit higher as well...however a pass & bh of 80 would be very good for a D3 point guard.  I would probably trade 15-20 points off bh/pass and add 15-20 to each of ath / spd / def. Say 45-50 ath / 75-80 spd / 45-50 def and 65 bh and pass. Of course if you could get that ath / spd /def and keep bh and pass around 80 that would be even better.
2/10/2013 8:33 PM
To get a good gauge on things like this, look at the top teams in your world and see what their point guards look like.
2/10/2013 8:36 PM
he'll be a good distributor, but only for the short time he's on the court before fouling out
2/10/2013 8:44 PM
I recruited this guy with around a C prestige at DIII.  His defense could be better, but he is the all time leader in steals at Worcester St.  There are enough very good players out there that you shouldn't settle for a guy with the numbers in the OP.
2/10/2013 9:15 PM
Posted by yanks250125 on 2/10/2013 8:44:00 PM (view original):
he'll be a good distributor, but only for the short time he's on the court before fouling out
Jeremy Baylor

This guy has only fouled out once the entire season. Albeit he's only averaging just over 14 minutes per game, his production has been pretty solid for a player with sub-5 ATH and sub-15 DEF.

(though he does average more fouls per game than assists...Though that's because I give him high distro on offense and he backs up the 2 not the 1)

2/11/2013 4:07 PM (edited)
A good D3 point guard (peak ratings when he's a senior):

50 ATH
75 SPD
50 DEF
70 PER
70 BH
70 PAS

Aim for that but remember those are just rough figures, it'll be tough to find a guy who hits every one of those marks. Maybe you'll find a stud shooter but have to sacrifice some ATH/DEF, or maybe you find a stud defender but have to sacrifice some BH/PAS. The numbers I provided are a general guide. You find somebody who's around those numbers, they'll be pretty good.
2/11/2013 5:43 PM
What are good point guard attributes d3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.