Re-signing after traded Topic

Looking for confirmation. 

A player is arbed three straight seasons by team A and won't re-sign because of that. Team A trades player to team B. There is a chance, that he will re-sign long term with Team B, correct?
2/10/2013 7:36 PM
Correct.  I've never seen it work any other way, but I doubt if it is 100% (and it may not even be close)
2/10/2013 8:30 PM
I've sent a ticket to confirm. There's a **** storm regarding a trade that went through and those that were originally for it are now piling on now that I signed the guy long term.
2/10/2013 8:40 PM
I've seen it happen where he changes his mind and will sign long term... Ive also seen it not happen... Can go either way.
2/10/2013 8:43 PM
Yeah, admin confirmed that they can change their mind. Probably still wont  convince some in my league, but so be it.
2/11/2013 8:16 PM
I traded this season for a SP who had gone 3X to arb with his team and was refusing to sign because of this but after the trade he inked a 4 year deal with me. Not sure if 82 patience helped?
2/11/2013 8:24 PM
The pitcher I got had 74 patience. I really don't think that matters as far as being arbed. The player wont hold the grudge against another franchise.
2/11/2013 8:37 PM
Well, that was robbery.   You should be a little embarrassed about that deal. 
2/11/2013 10:27 PM
In retrospect, I could have sweetened the pot..but I doubt anything I did would had kept the few owners from raising a stink. I went on the assumption that he really wouldn't re-sign with the original team, and accepted the deal as offered. In the pages of chat that followed, not one owner said they made an offer or tc'd the other owner. One posted interest in chat after he put the player on the block, that was it as far as I can tell.
2/12/2013 4:31 AM

This is good to know. Thanks.

2/12/2013 7:29 AM
I think you have to police yourself a little bit when you see a fat 0 next to seasons played for someone. I turned down a trade offer in Pete Rose just this season from a newbie because my first reaction to his offer was "wow, people are going to think I have two teams"
2/12/2013 7:11 PM
I have done that in the past..and was more conscious of that while commish. I could have sweetened the deal, but I don't think it would have mattered. I think a few guys were just waiting for any opportunity to stir things up this season. It was the perfect storm of crap at the end of last year. If only I had missed the win rules, I would have been out. But almost no one wanted the other owners gone. It's fully my fault, and I'm sure my absence last year and the win rule debate contributed to the high # of openings.

Ladeaux says he played before under a different ID. I'm not entirely sure about that..He may have been trying to deflect the criticism. Yes..I gave up way less than I got. But assuming he really wasn't resignable initially. It helps him long term and freed up the money this season. Also I dont think he got a single offer from another owner. 

2/12/2013 8:09 PM

Uh, no.  Don't try to defend the deal as "helps his long term" or " dont think he got a single offer from another owner".    It was the epitome of trade rape of a n00b.  The guy you got is 28 not 38.   Better to say nothing than defend it.

2/12/2013 9:30 PM
Advice he could have used a week ago.
2/12/2013 9:40 PM
The world let it happen.  Own it.

2/12/2013 10:01 PM
12 Next ▸
Re-signing after traded Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.