Amateur draft settings Topic

You will probably end up with way too many pitchers any time I have done it I ended up with around 19 pitchers. I asked WIS several times to get rid of any and replace it with any pitching roll and any position player so you could set up something along the lines of 1 catcer 2 SS 6 starting pitchers 7 any pitching role and 9 any position player but like everything else it falls on deaf ears.
2/11/2013 12:04 AM
When you set the preference to "any", you draft the top prospect available.  You can always fill out your positional needs thru IFA or tryout camp
2/11/2013 12:34 AM
Well since anybody after pick 100 is usless anyway it really is not much of an advantage if you take the best available player with pick 637. I would rather have the sim pick me a 2nd usless catcher here than my 17th usless pitcher. On higher picks it won't pick a catcher rated 15th on your list if another player ranked 12th is there as long as you do not set positional preference and as long as the signability setting is not an issue.

I usually set any to around 10
2/11/2013 9:10 AM (edited)
In the long run no there is no game disadvantage but frankly if I have to have a usless catcher I would rather not bother sorting through the tryout camp to find a usless catcher.
2/11/2013 9:08 AM
I too usually set my any to 7-10
2/11/2013 4:41 PM
For all of the positions requiring some skill to play (C,2B,3B,SS,CF), I set a target of 2. To make sure I draft enough potential innings pitched, I set SP to 7 and RP to 3 leaving an Any of 5. I set my ratings threshold to none as I want to draft the best possible player for the first few rounds, which my ANY of 5 allows for. Meanwhile for the minor league fodder, my targets make sure I get all the positions filled out to field a team.
2/11/2013 6:21 PM
Amateur draft settings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.