Tickets to CS, DOA? Topic

My tickets are almost always responded to promptly.
2/12/2013 6:06 AM
Honestly, there are several types of tickets.  Here's a few:

1.  Simple "do this" ticket.  Quick response.
2.  Less simple "Why did this happen?" ticket.  If they aren't sure or can't explain, it's slow.
3.  Complicated "Why can't you do this?" ticket.   Most likely the "Thanks for your inquiry.   We will consider this for future updates" response.
4.  And, of course, the 'tarded up question that I posted earlier.   They have no idea what you want because you lack basic skills.

JST's falls into #2.

I'd actually like to see the player.   If he's older, it's a natural regression.   If he's had a couple of moves up/down, that could be it(even within the injury replacement scenario).  There are a handful of reasons it could be.
2/12/2013 8:44 AM
Is the original poster unaware that he can speak directly to the Oracle in the 'Ask the MikeT23' thread?
2/12/2013 9:08 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/12/2013 6:06:00 AM (view original):
My tickets are almost always responded to promptly.
same here. mine don't call for explanations from wis, just things for them to do.
2/12/2013 9:13 AM
My tickets, too, had always been handled in a timely manner... sometimes quickly, sometimes less so, but never to the point that left me going, WTF??? As MikeT said, the "do this" tickets as a commish are dealt with almost immediately.

OK, I'll post the player, Mike, but don't laugh! It's a team I picked up that had been trashed, winning 38 games the previous season... And that might explain why I worried about a demotion penalty for  Esteban Sanchez. He's just 26.

FWIW, the ticket was not aggressive and it listed/lists the transactions times:

12/28/2012 7:33 PM jsturgis5866 Ice Lakers Andrea Lawrence P 26 Placed on DL
12/28/2012 7:33 PM jsturgis5866 Ice Lakers Esteban Sanchez P 26 Promoted

Today:
1/4/2013 7:25 PM jsturgis5866 Ice Lakers Andrea Lawrence P 26 Activated from DL
1/4/2013 7:25 PM jsturgis5866 Ice Lakers Esteban Sanchez P 26 Demoted

The only slight variance from a routine promotion/demotion was that Sanchez had to pass waivers first. But I've done that many times (inc. the second time this season for Sanchez) and never had a penalty incurred.

2/12/2013 10:18 AM
Posted by boogerlips on 2/12/2013 9:08:00 AM (view original):
Is the original poster unaware that he can speak directly to the Oracle in the 'Ask the MikeT23' thread?
Of course! But (1) I wanted to learn if others (such as shobob) had similar situations, or if it was a quirky one-time thing, and (2) I *knew* Mike would find his way here.
2/12/2013 10:22 AM
Looks to me that he was demoted 3 times, waived 4 times and designated once this season.    Don't know if there's some cumulative effect of all that but I have seen players I DFA'd twice take unexpected hits. 
2/12/2013 11:02 AM
That must be it, then... an accumulation. The first demotion was pre-Rule V, but then he was designated out of ST with no penalty. But when he was demoted following the injury replacement, that may have come into play. Thanks.
2/12/2013 11:50 AM
If that's the case, I'm not surprised CS didn't know how to respond.  If you haven't played the game a lot, you probably haven't seen it.   DFA is a "work around" when a player refuses AAA assignment after clearing waivers.   So I've used it quite a bit and, on occassion, players have taken unexpected hits.    It's been the AAAA-types that were nothing more than roster filler so they'd been bounced around a bit.    I took it to mean "Quit jerking me around!!!"
2/12/2013 12:00 PM
What's worse than the penalty is that the previous owner gave him a 3-year, $10m contract, so he still has another $3.3m season on the books. No option. Even if the players are no good, I hate leaving $1m-plus salaries in the minors.
2/12/2013 12:10 PM
Well, yeah, my initial reaction was "WTF is he doing bringing a 31 control pitcher to the bigs anyway?" until I realized he was making 3.3m so it was no cost to payroll.
2/12/2013 12:13 PM
Posted by shobob on 2/11/2013 11:27:00 PM (view original):
I looked over my ticket history, and there are 2 instances in which I was "left hanging" for over a month, even though I was asking for some sort of response from them every week or so.  Both times they apologized for the lack of response.
It's now Day 57, Ticket(s) Held Hostage.

Like watching a record for futility, in some ways you want it to end, in some ways ... you don't.
3/1/2013 12:44 PM
World rolled over into a new season last night.
3/1/2013 12:45 PM
The dude that signed him to that horrible deal didn't even last one season. Good grief
3/1/2013 3:40 PM
◂ Prev 12
Tickets to CS, DOA? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.