This is my first season in Gridiron Dynasty, and after reading the new user manifesto (which is awesome), I have a recruiting question. Obviously, I'm in DIII and recruiting a 395 rated QB (he was listed in my DII recruiting search criteria). I've invested $4,100 in recruiting him, doing everything I can: calling, sending materials, and scouting. He has declined home visits a few times as well as my first year starter promise. And he emails back saying "HA, HA, HA" and "no chance", but he is still listed as "undecided". Assuming no other schools all of the sudden go after him, do I have a chance in getting him?

Basically, I am just trying to get a feeling on when it's worthwhile to recruit a level up? And do they sign with a DIII school if they receive no DII offers? If getting DII listed commitments isn't possible now, when will it be if I still coach in DIII?
2/11/2013 3:18 PM
You can't sign him unless he appears in your DIII search.  Some guys that appear in your DIII search will also appear in DII searches, but it's immaterial.  You need to search using the DIII search or you'll be spinning your wheels.
2/11/2013 3:21 PM
If he is to go d-II, he will not settle for d-III. He was most likely out of your vision, and listed at d-II.
2/11/2013 3:21 PM
It is never worthwile to recruit a level up.  If he doesn't show up when you do a D-III search, it is impossible to sign him.  At no point will he ever decided to settle for your D-III team. 
2/11/2013 4:28 PM
Start using yatzr's tool.
2/11/2013 6:40 PM
Yatzr  'is'  a tool(Just kidding; it was too easy a setup  ).
2/11/2013 10:47 PM
Posted by scrodz on 2/11/2013 6:40:00 PM (view original):
Start using yatzr's tool.
This X 100000.  
2/12/2013 10:59 AM
Thanks for the feedback - another rookie question: is there any way to see how your players' ratings have developed over the years? 
2/12/2013 2:38 PM
Posted by bjohara1 on 2/12/2013 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the feedback - another rookie question: is there any way to see how your players' ratings have developed over the years? 
 Not over the years. but in season you can see how much their attributes grow.
      Also  I believe(and some of the other guys would know better about this since I have never used any of the recruiting  tools) that some of the recruiting tools allow you to do this . ?

2/12/2013 2:58 PM
GD reports will track your players progression from season to season
2/12/2013 3:33 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.