Ineligibile but getting maxed out emails Topic

I have a guy who is ineligible due to his 1.9 GPA second term.  He is ineligible for the rest of the season.

Since grades came out I have gotten two emails saying he was maxed out in skills.

How could that happen?  He isn't practicing anymore right?
2/12/2013 12:44 PM
Wrong, he's still practicing.
2/12/2013 12:45 PM
So he can practice and improve, just can't play?
2/12/2013 12:49 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/12/2013 12:49:00 PM (view original):
So he can practice and improve, just can't play?
yes
2/12/2013 12:51 PM
Yeah, only non-qualifiers don't practice.
2/12/2013 12:58 PM
So, lets say I sign a kid and promise him a start and 15 minutes.     I then put zero minutes into SH.   If I start him and give him the 15 minutes until he fails will there be a penalty to his WE when he doesn't start the games he is in ineligible for?
2/12/2013 1:31 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/12/2013 1:31:00 PM (view original):
So, lets say I sign a kid and promise him a start and 15 minutes.     I then put zero minutes into SH.   If I start him and give him the 15 minutes until he fails will there be a penalty to his WE when he doesn't start the games he is in ineligible for?
I don't believe so. The engine interprets when kids are ineligible (due to injury, for instance)  and doesn't include those games in its calculation for whether promises are/have been fulfilled. Assuming you'd met the players baseline percentage for starts and minutes played prior to the grade report, I don't think there'd be a penalty involved in the scenario you describe (outside of, obviously, not being able to use the player due to academic ineligibility...)
2/12/2013 1:59 PM
I wonder if this can be used to maximize practice minutes.  For example:

I recently signed a kid and promised him a start.   He's ok, my team is kinda down this year so him starting and playing 17-20 minutes isn't going to kill me.   I have 2 other guys who are more or less the same player.  If I give my freshman ZERO study hall minutes (I nomally give 7)  I am getting like a 100 "bonus" minutes of practice over 15 games or so ( I can't remember when the first grades come out).  If he keeps a 2.0 I totally win, if he is ineligible, he sits out and continues to improve and I slide one of my other interchangeable parts in and they then get the benefit of more playing time with faster improvement.

2/12/2013 2:58 PM
And then when offseason improvements are rolled out, your ineligible player gets the "bonus" of having to go to summer school to get his GPA up to an acceptable level and doesn't get as much offseason improvement as the other players.  Great plan.
2/12/2013 5:25 PM
How much is typical off season improvement?  4-6 points?  It's dependent on WE right?

I am just thinking out loud here man....
2/12/2013 5:57 PM
I found these in the FAQ ... others can verify if they are real :D

You take a reputation hit if you have a player become ineligible.

Your player will not gain attribute points as fast in the off season.

So, while you can game the system, in this case it is likely counter productive to do it on a large scale.
2/12/2013 6:37 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 2/12/2013 6:37:00 PM (view original):

So, while you can game the system, in this case it is likely counter productive to do it on a large scale.
never heard of the second happening.     

but when offseason returns are a crap shoot, who cares??     

2/12/2013 7:35 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 2/12/2013 6:37:00 PM (view original):

these are real
2/12/2013 9:04 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/12/2013 2:58:00 PM (view original):
I wonder if this can be used to maximize practice minutes.  For example:

I recently signed a kid and promised him a start.   He's ok, my team is kinda down this year so him starting and playing 17-20 minutes isn't going to kill me.   I have 2 other guys who are more or less the same player.  If I give my freshman ZERO study hall minutes (I nomally give 7)  I am getting like a 100 "bonus" minutes of practice over 15 games or so ( I can't remember when the first grades come out).  If he keeps a 2.0 I totally win, if he is ineligible, he sits out and continues to improve and I slide one of my other interchangeable parts in and they then get the benefit of more playing time with faster improvement.

Dude got a 2.6 without any minutes in SH for the first term.
2/21/2013 11:06 AM
Ineligibile but getting maxed out emails Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.