ML Hitting Coach Ratings Topic

How much effect do the patience, strategy, and discipline ratings of a coach have on a young developing player in the major leagues? I ask because my coach last year had an average discipline rating and poor patience rating. This year my coach has a poor discipline rating and a good patience rating. But my developing player has a much poorer Walk-KO ratio. Is that due to the poor discipline? The hitting ratings of the 2 coaches are about the same.
2/12/2013 7:43 PM
Coaches influence ratings, not performance directly.
2/12/2013 10:20 PM
Is that true for base running coaches, as well? I always thought that a bad base running coach would affect decisions on when to send the runner home from third, etc. and thus affect the performance of the team.
2/13/2013 6:43 PM
Those coaches only affect base-running rating. No impact on game action.
2/13/2013 6:56 PM
OK, thanks. They should, though. Right? I mean, in real life, a good third base coach would affect game action.
2/13/2013 8:05 PM
ML Hitting Coach Ratings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.