when to promote with a twist Topic

I just took over a team and a very good player played every day in his rookie season last season. The team is not going to contend this season and I would like to preserve the "extra" season of control I can get from having him be in the minors part of this season. His ML service time is currently 1.004 so I think I need to hold him in AAA 24days to avoid getting 1 full season this season? Sound right? Thanks.

2/13/2013 4:26 PM
Still just 20.  172 days is a service year, full season is 176 days, so you'd really only have to hold them back 13 days (to cover the 4 extra days over 3 years before entering arbitration), but a stint in the minor leagues has to be at least 20 days to not have it count as Major League service time.
2/13/2013 4:53 PM
when to promote with a twist Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.