so listen to this guys, Topic

I just lost in the conference championship game to Depauw, I finish  at 16-14, RPI of 72, and a SOS of 24 and losses to the #1 and #3 ranked teams this year and I do not get invited to the Pi tournament, does this make much sense to anyone?
2/15/2013 5:15 AM
Did you expect to get in because you lost to good teams?!?!?!? You were 16-14 and didn't beat anyone, why is that a playoff resume?

Here's my observation on the projection report. The three biggest factors are good wins, bad losses, and overall record. The system doesn't particularly care about you lossing to top teams, nor does it care about wins against non postseason quality teams, but it does care about the total record. You have a lot of loses the system wouldn't care about except that you have 14 losses AND then there is the fact that you do have bad losses - 4 of them to teams outside the top 100 rpi including 2 awful ones. You only have 2 wins over top 100 teams, and the best was a 70 so no top 50 wins, and once again your overall record isn't anything to speak of. When neither of those three criteria works in your favor... why is that a playoff resume?

(just trying to be helpful... not trying to be rude)
2/15/2013 11:38 AM
so listen to this guys, Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.