All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Please add a copy feature for playbook creation
2/15/2013 8:55 AM
Rather than having to do the pull down menus for every down, it would be much easier if you could copy an existing one and then tweak it from there. 
2/15/2013 1:34 PM

I agree.   Setting all the downs and distance is a pain. 

2/15/2013 1:40 PM
I definitely think this will get added, but wanted to get feedback on where we think this makes the most sense.  Do you think being able to copy one Play slot to another Play slot would be enough?  Or do we need to copy one Down to another?

What do you guys think about being able to (having to) set every down's setting before saving?  Should it be the old way where you can only save one down at a time?  It's possible you could save an incomplete playbook due to the changes, but we could work around that.

2/15/2013 6:20 PM
I don't know about everybody else but I'm trying to do some of this at work...I know shocking, so having the option of saving per down in case somebody busts into my office would be greatly appreciated.
2/15/2013 8:52 PM
One playslot to another would eventually be helpful, after a good deal of work I guess you would build up enough various plans.   I think Down to Down is the best way to be able to quickly copy the various plans and run/pass settings you're using across one gameplan.
2/15/2013 8:54 PM
Posted by norbert on 2/15/2013 1:40:00 PM (view original):
I definitely think this will get added, but wanted to get feedback on where we think this makes the most sense.  Do you think being able to copy one Play slot to another Play slot would be enough?  Or do we need to copy one Down to another?

What do you guys think about being able to (having to) set every down's setting before saving?  Should it be the old way where you can only save one down at a time?  It's possible you could save an incomplete playbook due to the changes, but we could work around that.

It takes some getting used to but I like having to set the whole gameplan to save, it still stores what you have you just need to fix the rest and it ensures you hit everything.

I am ok with just copying a down, if you're copying it anyway chances are you are keeping most of the plays from that down anyway... play by play would be too time consuming IMO
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Please add a copy feature for playbook creation

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.