D- Catcher glove Topic

Any idea how bad the passed balls will be for a catcher with a D- glove?  (I doubt it, but are passed balls considered errors in the performance history?)
2/16/2013 10:42 AM
I've played with D fielding catchers and had up to 25 passed balls in a season, so I'd expect maybe 30.

I do believe they count as errors in performance history. Don't quote me that though...

2/16/2013 4:53 PM
I'm pretty sure they are not considered errors. 

In looking at some stats from progressives that I'm in, I see numbers ranging from 25 to 50 for D- catchers.
2/16/2013 5:02 PM
Posted by Bribar on 2/16/2013 10:42:00 AM (view original):
Any idea how bad the passed balls will be for a catcher with a D- glove?  (I doubt it, but are passed balls considered errors in the performance history?)
D- fp for catchers goes from .706 to .930.  How bad of a D- are we talking about here?
2/19/2013 11:36 PM
I used 1891 Jocko Milligan, whose ratings aren't the bottom of the barrel, but far from the top. This is my "3X the charm" team. He has played in 159 games, no + or - plays, 15 errors total, 12 throwing errors, 136 SBs, 47 CS, 21 passed balls. I don't think he hurt me, I have already clinched a weak division, but I don't think he helped, either. I could have done better for $5.3m. His batting didn't make up for his fielding.
2/20/2013 7:09 PM (edited)
I have 2 teams in a two-man theme in which most of the teams have non-catchers behind the plate. The teams with a lot of passed balls are not doing well as a rule. After just 51 games, the PB totals run from 92 to 183 for all of the teams without real catchers. (The three with catchers all have fewer than 10 PB, and winning records and two are division leaders.) This projects to nearly 600 PB totals for the full season for the worst teams.

I know that a non-catcher is worse than D- when out of position, but it must be way, way worse judging by this theme league, if others are suffering only 25 PB with D- catchers as noted above.

2/22/2013 1:25 AM (edited)
I won a WS with Bert Campaneris catching. I don't remember his stats, but they weren't as bad as one might expect. This was before the "pitchers hitting" update.
2/23/2013 10:31 AM
D- Catcher glove Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.