All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Overlap in Offensive Formations and Offensive Play
2/16/2013 9:52 PM
There seems to be overlap in the Rush Inside/Outside and the 5 types of passes in the Formations and the Playbooks.

When I create a new formation, I need to set Rush Inside/Outside (as a percentage) and VSh Sh Med Lng Dp for passes ... when I pick a formation in the gameplan ... I also get to set each of those parameters.  It seems I can set different settings in the gameplan for a formation that I did when I created the formation.

Is that on purpose?

Which settings are the real settings, the one in the formations or the one in the gameplans?

2/16/2013 10:22 PM (edited)
Posted by hughesjr on 2/16/2013 9:52:00 PM (view original):
There seems to be overlap in the Rush Inside/Outside and the 5 types of passes in the Formations and the Playbooks.

When I create a new formation, I need to set Rush Inside/Outside (as a percentage) and VSh Sh Med Lng Dp for passes ... when I pick a formation in the gameplan ... I also get to set each of those parameters.  It seems I can set different settings in the gameplan for a formation that I did when I created the formation.

Is that on purpose?

Which settings are the real settings, the one in the formations or the one in the gameplans?

In the formations, the Rush Inside/Outside and the different lengths of the passes, are the percentages of who will be running with the ball (or the who the pass will be thrown to).  The percentages in the playbooks are the changes a given play will be going to the Outside/Inside or the pass going VSh/Short/Med/Long/Deep.

In short:
Formations = Who's getting the ball
Playbooks = Where the play is going.

2/16/2013 10:26 PM
ah ... got it.
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Overlap in Offensive Formations and Offensive Play

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.