Pointless QB exercise Topic

Based on the first round, the 2nd round mock draft from Mel Kiper predicts Damag taking Brees, Edso taking Bobby Layne or YA Tittle, and MikeT taking Kenny Stabler or Jim Plunkett.

2/20/2013 3:11 PM
2/20/2013 3:14 PM
2/20/2013 3:16 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/20/2013 2:11:00 PM (view original):

I won't tell you why I wouldn't take Brees over Rodgers until someone drafts Brees.

Because he has poo on his face.
2/20/2013 4:26 PM
No, bad_luck, I obviously meant the person who took Brady. There are plenty of ACTIVE QBs left I'd take over him.
2/21/2013 9:39 AM
If you're not part of this draft, you have no point being here.

That's my definition of trolling.
2/21/2013 9:58 AM
I'm sorry. I thought this was a public message board where anyone could freely discuss things, especially when they are on topic within the thread in question. I didn't realize you were the dictator of who can discuss what.
2/21/2013 10:09 AM
Nobody will be discussing your Brady-hate with you.  He's trying to save you the energy.
2/21/2013 10:15 AM
Well I'm certainly not responding to myself, so obviously people have been discussing it with me.
2/21/2013 10:24 AM
In the other thread.  This is a thread for a mock QB draft, in which you are not participating.
2/21/2013 10:38 AM
So why aren't you telling everyone else who isn't participating not to post in this thread? Also, why aren't you telling everyone who is participating that this thread is ONLY for the mock draft and not for discussion of it until it is over?
2/21/2013 10:52 AM
I don't get the Rodgers pick. If he gets discount double-checked into on-coming traffic he doesn't even make the Hall of Fame with his current record of accomplishment.

You have to just project things that haven't happened to say he's 7th All-Time. Perhaps you should pick RGIII next.
2/21/2013 11:21 AM
I'd take RGIII over Brady.  

Sorry, couldn't resist - it's true though.

2/21/2013 11:23 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 2/21/2013 11:21:00 AM (view original):
I don't get the Rodgers pick. If he gets discount double-checked into on-coming traffic he doesn't even make the Hall of Fame with his current record of accomplishment.

You have to just project things that haven't happened to say he's 7th All-Time. Perhaps you should pick RGIII next.
Go back to the first post.  It doesn't say we're judging entire careers.  Obviously if we're judging entire careers I can't take Rodgers.  If you go by that measure, you can't take Manning over Brady.  If you go by that measure, we're already talking about Aikman.

I read this as judging skills.  If we're willing to say that Unitas would easily be able to dominate in today's style of game and not have that judged, then I have to just as easily go backward and say that Rodgers has just as many skills as anyone else at the #7 spot.

It's all about argument, and anyone else I picked at the #7 would have generated an argument of some kind.  Brees?  Marino?  FavreEli??

2/21/2013 11:39 AM
Yea, I think he can take Rodgers.  But he's going to lose points when it comes to career accomplishments.  It's "all time QBs."  Rodgers doesn't have "all-time great" numbers yet.
2/21/2013 11:45 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...19 Next ▸
Pointless QB exercise Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.