Elites- Hardest and Easiest Topic

I am not an expert on this subject as Florida State is my first elite, but what are the toughest and easiest elites to win at:

Easiest- Penn St., USC, LSU, Texas

Medium- Notre Dame, Miami, Ohio St, Alabama

Tough- Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Florida St., Florida, Michigan

Agree or disagree with this list?
2/18/2013 1:44 PM
Which is easiest elite school to win at?

Votes: 79
(Last vote received: 10/22/2018 6:11 AM)
2/18/2013 1:45 PM
Which is hardest elite school to win at?

Votes: 79
(Last vote received: 8/24/2017 5:41 AM)
2/18/2013 1:46 PM
I've never had an elite, so my opinion isn't that informed...
2/18/2013 3:08 PM
Notre Dame would've been the answer to easiest a year ago, but now I think it is probably Penn State, based on talks I've had with competent coaches unlike myself.
2/18/2013 7:58 PM
Posted by golfpro71 on 2/18/2013 1:44:00 PM (view original):
I am not an expert on this subject as Florida State is my first elite, but what are the toughest and easiest elites to win at:

Easiest- Penn St., USC, LSU, Texas

Medium- Notre Dame, Miami, Ohio St, Alabama

Tough- Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Florida St., Florida, Michigan

Agree or disagree with this list?
Looks like somebody is trying to find a rationalization for his run of 9-win seasons at Florida State. His seat must be getting warm, judging by this post.

Looks like his Tennessee career all over again. Is it any wonder he lists both Tennessee and Florida State among "the hardest" when her performed poorly at both?
2/18/2013 9:56 PM
Nebraska is pretty simple as you rule a large part of the country by yourself.  You pretty much have advantage over the other elites in Nebraska, Dakota's, Mnnesota, Iowa, Missouri, parts of Kansas and far west as USC will allow you to go.

Florida State-  Didn't seem to bad to me.  I have heard others say it was much more difficult.

Tennessee gave the most trouble.  Seemed like I was sandwiched in between too many other elites.

I was also at Alabama.  Medium ranking sounds about right.

2/19/2013 12:28 AM
Location definitely plays a factor, but who the coaches are at other elites and BCS schools around you adds to the level of difficulty. (I also think prestige plays a factor)  It's great coaches that will either make it easier or harder for you.  I just dropped my Florida State team in Yost and think it was challenging mostly because of the prestige of the school, location and the fact that I was competing against solid coaches. 
2/19/2013 1:08 AM
Gonna have to agree with hard. The coaches at other elites and BCS schools around you make a big difference.

That said, I've seen folks fired from Florida State, Florida, Tennessee and Notre Dame. I don't think I'll ever see anyone fired from Texas, Penn State, Miami or USC.
2/19/2013 1:18 AM

It's hard not to do well at Miami. Major recruiting advantages. I also currently have Tennessee and USC...I have also previously had Nebraska.

I would rank those 4 Easy to Hard:

1. Miami
  2. USC
  3. Nebraska
  4. Tennessee
2/19/2013 10:33 AM
I was at Tennessee and would say that it was hard. Legit BCS programs in GA, NC, SC, KY, not to mention Bama and Auburn coming after recruits. Just getting my feet wet at Michigan. The jury is still out, but if my first year is any indication, I'm riding the short bus to being fired there.
2/19/2013 11:15 AM
Posted by Arfy on 2/19/2013 12:28:00 AM (view original):
Nebraska is pretty simple as you rule a large part of the country by yourself.  You pretty much have advantage over the other elites in Nebraska, Dakota's, Mnnesota, Iowa, Missouri, parts of Kansas and far west as USC will allow you to go.

Florida State-  Didn't seem to bad to me.  I have heard others say it was much more difficult.

Tennessee gave the most trouble.  Seemed like I was sandwiched in between too many other elites.

At Nebraska you do get a large run of the land BUT you can only ever find several guys within 200 miles that are worth a darn. So I usually end up having to go into Minnesota while battling in Kansas, Missouri and Iowa.

LSU is tough when you have a full state of Alabama and someone at MS, but it helps that you are close enough you can go into TX as well. Some of the time with my team I have been able to go East and get what I need because the teams that way don't need the same pos, or I can go West and get the same scenario. Just depends on who needs what when. Unlike Nebraska though, a lot more talent within 200.

Top 3 Easiest:
Penn St
Texas
USC

Top 3 Hardest:
Florida 
Tennessee
Nebraska

(Those all are in no particular order)
2/19/2013 10:20 PM
Posted by hookemhorns7 on 2/19/2013 10:20:00 PM (view original):

At Nebraska you do get a large run of the land BUT you can only ever find several guys within 200 miles that are worth a darn. So I usually end up having to go into Minnesota while battling in Kansas, Missouri and Iowa.

LSU is tough when you have a full state of Alabama and someone at MS, but it helps that you are close enough you can go into TX as well. Some of the time with my team I have been able to go East and get what I need because the teams that way don't need the same pos, or I can go West and get the same scenario. Just depends on who needs what when. Unlike Nebraska though, a lot more talent within 200.

Top 3 Easiest:
Penn St
Texas
USC

Top 3 Hardest:
Florida 
Tennessee
Nebraska

I think its  just like any place, it really depends on the competition around you.   For me, I don't recall the last time I wasn't able to sign the player I wanted..
2/20/2013 8:40 AM
Posted by Arfy on 2/20/2013 8:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by hookemhorns7 on 2/19/2013 10:20:00 PM (view original):

Top 3 Easiest:
Penn St
Texas
USC

Top 3 Hardest:
Florida 
Tennessee
Nebraska

I think its  just like any place, it really depends on the competition around you.   For me, I don't recall the last time I wasn't able to sign the player I wanted..
Ya that is true, I just compare my LSU and Neb teams a lot because both are in pretty full areas nowadays and LSU is still easier then Neb for me because I don't have to extend so far to find talent. Both get battles up the wazzoo though
2/20/2013 9:56 AM
Yeah I think last season I had 2 battles.  Well.....only one I guess.  I knocked the other guy off pretty quick.  Had one battle for a DB in Oklahoma with Oklahoma.  I think I put like $40 k in him or something and still ended up with $80k left over.  I kinda wish I had branched out and upgraded more. 

But when I was at Tennessee in Bryant, everyone decided they wanted to battle me.  So it made it much more difficult.  That was the only job I have ever been fired from.

2/20/2013 10:55 AM
Elites- Hardest and Easiest Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.