Location of school? Topic

Is the location of the school important? I know you play in div that are in same area, but in playoff you could be playing out of division. would it be hard for a school in Maine to compete with a school from Texas when playing head to head in playoffs? It seems there would be much better recruits in Texas and with further recruits costing much more is it wise to take a Texas or Florida team?  Thanks
2/19/2013 11:00 AM
I'd take any team in Cali, FLA, TX
2/19/2013 9:32 PM
It's pretty important, and there are definitely geographies with lots of recruits nearby. The northeast, the south, and the midwest are examples. Of course, there are also lots of competing schools in these geographies too.

Recruiting in Pennsylvania will yield lots of kids in a 360 mile radius, but your conference competition are pretty close to them too.

Recruiting in Arizona or Colorado, you will likely have a few local kids all to yourself.

I personally like recruiting in condensed populated areas, tons of guys to choose from, and the battles with my conference mates are fun.
2/19/2013 9:54 PM
I think someone said there is only a handful (maybe even 1) DIII school in CA so you can get the run of the mill more or less. TX is a good place or anywhere in the Midwest through New England areas. Seen plenty of successful schools in many worlds from TX and the Midwest/ New England areas
2/19/2013 10:24 PM
If I played this strictly to win and not for fun I would choose Cali, Fla or TX as my places to "coach". Just like real life these are hotbeds for talent and they are easier to get. My Midwest roots keep me at schools I am familiar with and as a rule I do not take a job unless I have been on that campus in real life. Granted, after all these years no national titles, but still having fun.
2/20/2013 11:28 AM
If i was building a dynasty, I would be in the northeast in all divisions with the possible exception of D1 where elites play a big factor.
2/20/2013 1:14 PM
This can give you a general idea of which schools get a lot of recruits close to them, and which schools get very few
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=424303&TopicsTimeframe=30&TopicsPage=3
Pay attention to the 2nd and 3rd columns for how many recruits were in their 180 mile radius and how many were in their 360 mile radius.

2/20/2013 2:16 PM
Location of school? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.