High Scoring game Topic

27-5

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=19488337&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=0
2/19/2013 6:32 PM
This was a case of Sparky deciding the game was lost early - 10-3 in the 4th. So he put in the AAA mopup, who actually did ok for two innings but then let it get way out of hand. 

I have seen enough weird comebacks in SIM baseball and have seen a few in RL baseball. So I usually put my manager settings on defensive replacements if behind by 7 runs in the 8th or 7 ahead in the 8th. Not before. I usually avoid having a designated mopup unless there is a pitcher that is really awful I need to have on the roster because Sparky will use him if my team is well behind. 

Long B is good enough I think, usually a below par but not disastrous pitcher for when you are behind. But usually you do see these kind of blowouts when one team is tanking to rest its starters, not when the real starting lineup and pitching staff was in. 
2/19/2013 6:57 PM
I don't care if I lose a game I already lost.  I just don't want to lose a game that I should win.  I almost always set my mops at N/A fatigue and with a typical and max PC of 170.  It makes for some massive blowouts, but who cares?... a loss by 8 runs is the same as a loss by 20 runs.
2/19/2013 11:28 PM
I agree with zubinsum on this one, and on a funny note I once had admin reply on a ticket regarding the player rest hierarchies, " You guys play some weird games. 51-0?"

2/20/2013 1:02 AM
High Scoring game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.