Rating Penalty for Older Player in AAA during ST? Topic

Question

Let's say I have a 37 year old veteran first baseman that still has minor league options. Before Spring Training, I stick him into AAA, so I don't have to bother with putting him into my Spring lineup.

Is he subject to any degree of inactivity penalty by being ostensibly dormant in AAA during Spring Training?
2/20/2013 4:30 PM
A 37 y/o position player is likely to decline whether he plays or not during ST.
2/20/2013 4:44 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Richie Flynn is another.  I seldom have 35+ y/o on my rosters because of this.
2/20/2013 5:08 PM
Thanks for the attention. Those answers didn't exactly answer my question, so I'll rephrase it:

If I put an aging ballplayer into AAA to avoid needing to give him game time during ST, plus avoid the alternative of him getting a ratings hit specifically accrued by inactivity during ST while a player is on the ST roster, does he still get an extra inactivity hit, per se? I mean that, regardless of what descent in ratings will occur anyway.

I'm guessing the answer is "no." (And Mike, your data does help me make that guess, thanks.)
2/20/2013 7:35 PM (edited)
I don't think you'll avoid the ratings hit regardless if he is on your ML roster or AAA roster during spring training.
2/21/2013 12:31 AM
There's also no need to give him ST time regardless if he is on the BL squad or not. REST is just as easy to use as is demoting the guy.
2/21/2013 12:37 AM
Rating Penalty for Older Player in AAA during ST? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.