52 Million Draft League Evaluations Topic

Didn't get the PGs I really wanted (was hoping Barros or Harper would fall) but Terry is a good enough fit. 60 D, 23 ast, 2 usage points, 57 EFG, not too many turnovers.
Dalembert has been good to me, underrated. Lowest EFG in my line-up will be Ginobili's 54 and my lowest D will be Terry's 60, which is a good position to be in I think. A little light on FTs and need clean non-fouling players for my bench. And usage coming off of the bench as well.
3/1/2013 3:03 PM
speaking of ODL is anyone running that anymore? I think Vance should take it over. What do you say?
3/1/2013 3:39 PM
I appreciate the confidence in me coach but I'm no ncih. Work is crazy right and I'm busy with other things. Thanks for the thought .
3/1/2013 7:52 PM
Vance I think you're playing my squad up a little too much. We're good, I hope, but I'm no genius - we have holes like everyone else. And I'm quickly realizing that Ash might be right about being better to pick at the back of the first round - it's staggering how many picks will come between my 5th round pick and my 6ths. Gonna miss out on a lot of the great role players.
3/1/2013 8:33 PM
I think vance is just trying to set you up heel! He's playing mind games with these evals!
3/1/2013 9:26 PM
I'm using 04-05 Jason Terry vance, not 06-07. 
2 usage points, 57 EFG, 23 AST, 60 defense, 103 3s.
3/2/2013 3:53 AM
btw, is the sim engine used for matchup and seasons identical?
3/2/2013 10:31 AM
dont think so
3/2/2013 10:38 AM
"Joakim Noah A great back up for Nance it appears but the rebounding is a bit light for backing up Gasol. Very good defense, plays clean and rebounds really well at SF. I expected a different player to be taken here. But the holes in the team aren't that great. However, when you take Lebron you expect the defensive rebounding to be much better than average and to me this is the one area where the team is going to end up about average."

Vance, now I think you're selling this pick a little short. As I mentioned before, it's a long time until I get to pick again, and Noah offers me one key thing: flexibility. He has three seasons (09-10, 10-11, 11-12) that I can use depending on what makes it back to me. All provide good defense, but if I want to take a weaker defensive rebounder in round 6 I can use 09-10 Noah and his 80 defense. If few great rebounders make it back, I can use 09-10 and his 12%/26% rebounding rates as my primary rebounder. And I can use that 11-12 season to back up the 3/4, and switch to 09-10 Gasol (2400 minutes) to get better rebounding and clear out more space for rebounding, if there's any left worth drafting. 

So - I'm in a position where I can go for weak defense if I have to in the 6th, I can either go big with Noah backing up the 3/4 or smaller with someone else backing up the 2/3 if someone I like falls. Always good to have options in the 6th if you have to wait this long to pick.

3/2/2013 10:51 AM
I agree that having a top pick like you did tarheel makes it necessary to have flexibility in round 6. I was worried about that last draft so I pretty much picked all of my players at 35 MPG or more in rounds 1 through 5 so I wouldn't have to get a couple of good players in round 6. Getting the top picks in round 6, and also have a top pick in round 2 is, a lot better than getting a top pick in round 1.
3/2/2013 11:16 AM
tar, those are all the reasons why I hoped Noah might fall to me.  Not sure I like him as a full-time starting C, but a nice, versatile part of a rotation.
3/2/2013 11:19 AM
Only 7 players away from doing what you've been waiting on vance.
3/2/2013 3:24 PM
Well vance we'll see how this turns out. Ave starting D of 72, worst D possible of 63.8. Gave away any rebounding advantage by taking Rice and moving Ibaka to PF for 20 min a game, but MJ and Walker at G for 75 min should be a nice boarding advantage over the Nash's and Stockton's of the league.

Just enough cap space left to grab one more high D big and will try an 8-man rotation. Main seven give me and efg of 52.7 which sould be around the middle of the pack, 425 3's at 42.2%, fg% of 50.1%, ft% of 80.4%, 2562 fta's with MJ and Rice combining for over 1200 at over 85%. 

To's look low at 1295 (that, 3's and FTA's were the main reasons to try Rice); fouls just below ave at 1458.

Lowest possible ast% of G's and C combined 54.7%, not lighting the world on fire like felionus but should keep the ball flowing.

Orb% a little low with a min of around 31 and max near 40; Dreb% fairly healthy with a low around 99%.

Blocks will be near the top of the league, stls middle of the pack.

As long as Rice and MJ keep the to's down, get to the line and hit thier RL efg's this should be a playoff squad, unless I underestimated how big of a tradeoff on the boards I just made. 
3/2/2013 10:25 PM
Hope you pick me vance. The 96-97 Rice is a lot like the best Ray Allen only with a few less 3's and a ton more fta's. Will likely go Walker, MJ, Rice, Ibaka, Walton, Rice is only a 26.9, so that's 15.5 usage points in the starting lineup. Will bring Lanier off the bench for his 37 min and move Walton to pf for his other 17. Ibaka will only get 7-8 min at Sf and my last player will fill the remaining pf minutes.

Rice is NOT the high usage PG I took last time that killed my team. His efg is 54.6 and he has over 200 triples made at 46.8%. If teams double MJ they will pay, and if they don't then MJ will light them up. Having good success in the PPL with Irving right now as well, assists are higher in 22 mpg there than his RL 30mpg numbers, efg is higher as well.

Last time I had a bench player with a RL efg of 58 that ended up around 65 because he exceeded his RL triples, I think I will see much of the same from Rice, can't wait to see how many times he hit's 5+; I'm guessing at least 30-35 times.

As always at least I'm trying something that will be fun to watch, you can't deny that.
3/2/2013 11:09 PM
wow nate...glen rice and kyrie irving?...on a team with jordan?...irving i kinda get...makes a nice 3 man roation with jordan/walker at the guard spots....but rice?....you didnt really need his usage....jordan and lanier were enough of a 1/2 punch with irving and walton helping out as well....rice is a much better odl player imo and doesnt really belong in this league...especially at sf(or as a sg who bumps a sg down to sf)....and to add insult to injury you traded up to pick him...i really doubt anyone was gonna take him....i could be wrong but i think you just blew any shot of a title with that rice pick
3/2/2013 11:16 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
52 Million Draft League Evaluations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.