Help with mutual option Topic

I'm so confused on how I'm losing this guy:

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Don Stevenson

I traded for him at the start of Season 10 (we're now beginning season 11)

As far as I could tell, he signed a $9.3M contract for 5 years back in season 7, meaning his last year under contract would be Season 11, but he has a Mutual Option.

We roll over, and I see he declined his mutual option and now does not want to resign with me. What did I do wrong? I don't remember seeing him listed as an FA last season for Season 11-- surely if he was I would have tried to resign him.

Did he just opt out of his contract and there was nothing I could do to keep him? Was he listed in the Option report for season 10 and I neglected to do something that would have kept him here?

Thanks
2/21/2013 9:48 AM
Yes, he declined the option.   Nothing you could do. 
2/21/2013 9:53 AM

Ok, that's reassuring. Thanks Mike

2/21/2013 10:01 AM
It sucks, but it sometimes happens.  That's always the risk you assume when you issue or trade for a mutual contract.
2/21/2013 10:08 AM
Help with mutual option Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.