All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > QB's in recruting being sought after by 1aa teams?
2/21/2013 1:39 PM
Quarterbacks in recruiting are being sought after by 1aa teams?  Is this right?

Example

2/21/2013 1:40 PM
The QB's seems absolutely horrible too.  Or has it just been so long since I played div 3?  What do you guys think?
2/21/2013 2:52 PM
In Bava had 4 D-3 Level QBs targeted before recruiting. Each would make pretty solid D3 QBs, IMO. Two of the four turned up being recruited by DI-AA teams, the other two by D-2 teams... somethings wacky here. That guy especially has no business being a DI-AA recruit.
2/21/2013 3:45 PM
These are brand new worlds, and as such, many upper level schools 'drop down' one or more levels for QBs (there aren't enough QBs at the higher levels for all the SIMs that want/need them). This will clear up in a couple of seasons, especially when people move up to DII and beyond (provided the worlds are open long enough). This happened in Yost the first couple of seasons it was open.
2/21/2013 5:11 PM
D1AA schools shouldn't be on a QB with a tech of 18.  Just my opinion.
2/21/2013 5:16 PM
It's because Sim AI recruiting just grabs X number of players with up to 3 teams being on them.  Since there are currently an unusually high number of Sim AI teams at the higher levels (all of them), it pushes those Sim AI recruits down to a level they wouldn't normally go.  This is a factor of the new world and Sim AI recruiting.  Nothing has changed in recruiting for the update.  If we would ever be looking to open a new world, we will review this to see if this can be fixed for those first few seasons.
2/21/2013 7:34 PM
Posted by norbert on 2/21/2013 5:16:00 PM (view original):
It's because Sim AI recruiting just grabs X number of players with up to 3 teams being on them.  Since there are currently an unusually high number of Sim AI teams at the higher levels (all of them), it pushes those Sim AI recruits down to a level they wouldn't normally go.  This is a factor of the new world and Sim AI recruiting.  Nothing has changed in recruiting for the update.  If we would ever be looking to open a new world, we will review this to see if this can be fixed for those first few seasons.
How hard is it gonna make us getting those recruits? I don't wanna waste my money on a recruit considering a D2 team but I don't want to settle for a crappy D3 player either. Is it gonna be a little easier to get these recruits or should we just bend over and take one?
2/21/2013 8:37 PM
FYI-This is going to effect the passing game numbers if no one is able to recruit a decent or even halfway decent QB.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
2/22/2013 7:08 AM
I've got one better than that....I had a OL that was being recruited by 3 D-I teams...Navy, Buffalo and New Mexico State. Needless to say, I took him off my watch list....LOL.
2/22/2013 8:41 AM
Come on Veejay, those aren't Elite schools on your recruit.  You can dooo it.
2/22/2013 8:43 AM
UHHH... when I do a QB search in Romero, NO set parameters, just a search of undecided QBs...   NO UNDECIDEDS.   WTF???  I thought recruiting wouldn't be affected in this engine overhaul.  Hell, it was the only thing that actually somewhat worked in the old engine and now you guys **** this up too?  Seriously...
2/22/2013 11:00 AM
LOL, scoob... working with only 7 'ships money, I'm barely getting what I really need. If it happens again next season, I'll give it a shot.
2/22/2013 11:11 AM
Posted by norbert on 2/21/2013 5:16:00 PM (view original):
Since some people obviously haven't read this, I'll repeat it.
2/22/2013 12:24 PM (edited)
Zero undecided QBs in Bava in my vision at D3 10 minutes after the start of recruiting
Never mind. Should have read the whole thread before posting. not to self: read more-post less.
of 4
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > QB's in recruting being sought after by 1aa teams?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.