Awards logic a complete mess Topic

I've just witnessed what must be the worst cases of it is what it is when it come to the awards logic.

My ticket to WIS

You really need to look at your Awards logic for FYC and give me realistic explanation why Ricky Taylor is not an MVP candidate (For the best team in the AL with 102 wins)

Avg 308 (8th) 
R 124 (2nd) 
RBI 150 (1st) 
OBP 385 (8th) 
SLG 618 (3rd) 
OBP 1003 (2nd) 
IBB 20 (2nd) 
RC 140 4th 
RC 27 8.476 (2nd)

Major issue here I enjoy the game and the realism but this ruins that realism because these numbers are MVP worthy.

Their response 

2/21/2013 12:06 PM Customer Support
Thanks for your note. There is a varied and somewhat complex criteria that the sim evaluates thoroughly before making its selections for each and every award that a season offers. The guidelines are categorized in the KB Article #670.
2/21/2013 2:16 PM
You probably didn't help yourself with "you need to...give me a realistic explanation..."  

But it's because of his defense (0 (+) plays, 13 (-) plays) and relatively low stolen base totals (compared to the other candidates).  Not saying it's right, but those are 2 big reasons why.  Evidenced by the fact that a guy like R.J. Mouton was a candidate over Taylor.  Seems like their MVP analyzer needs recalibrated.
2/21/2013 2:26 PM
Defense matters when it comes to awards.
2/21/2013 2:34 PM
It's a joke, simple as that. I'm not talking about a Gold Glove award. 

I'm glad you brought up RJ Mouton LMAO!!!! Compare those numbers and tell me there is No issue with the logic
2/21/2013 2:46 PM
It's a tough MVP field.  Taylor plays in a neutral park, Little Rock, and had 13 (-) plays in RF.  Look at the other 5 candidates:

Matty Oliveras
had more RC than Taylor, and had 17 (+) plays at 1B.  He plays in PHL, a very slight hitter's park.
Mariano Sivilla had more RC than Taylor, plays in TOL (pitcher's park), and had 10 (+) plays (vs 1 (-)) at 3B.
Bernie Maduro had more RC than Taylor and had 9 (-) plays in CF, a much harder position than RF.  Plays in PAW (neutral).
Mike Walcutt had 20 fewer RC than Taylor, but plays in AUG (pitcher's park), and had 22 (+) plays at 3B (OK, 2 (-) plays, too).
R.J Mouton had 30 fewer RC than Taylor, but also plays in AUG, and had 24 (+) plays in CF.

It's close between Taylor and Mouton for the last spot-- 30 RC is a LOT-- but 40 plays in the outfield is a lot, too.  Taylor's not on the ballot because he wasn't one of the 5 best players in the league.
2/21/2013 2:57 PM (edited)
I can't believe you're bent out of shape about it.  He did win the MVP last year..does he have to every year?  There were other good players.
2/21/2013 3:14 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
it may be better that he didn't win. Somewhere in the back of my head I seem to recall that awards may affect signability/contract demands? Or I may just be making that up.
2/21/2013 3:27 PM
Posted by dmurphy104 on 2/21/2013 3:27:00 PM (view original):
it may be better that he didn't win. Somewhere in the back of my head I seem to recall that awards may affect signability/contract demands? Or I may just be making that up.
That has been said by WIS.  I don't think I've ever felt it actually coming into play at contract time, though.
2/21/2013 3:50 PM
I was just getting ready to start one of these threads. Hmm, there may be something glitchy with their choices.
2/22/2013 5:16 AM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Brian Hayashi

was not included on the ROY list until the final day of the season. Hit .309.383.511 as a speedy SS.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Laynce Carey

was a player (from my own team so I'm not biased here) that was being considered ahead of Hayashi until the final day. 82IP 4.17ERA

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Theodore Butler

Slow footed COFer that hit .270.350.500.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Hunter Gilkey

Slow footed full time DH that hit .287.348..486 and is somehow better than Hayashi?
2/22/2013 5:22 AM
Posted by lccooler on 2/21/2013 3:19:00 PM (view original):
In the end, it doesn't really matter one way or the other who wins an award.
It doesn't matter who wins the world series either, so lets all just quit playing HBD and go read books. Unless you want to argue that in the end it doesn't matter who reads what books...
2/22/2013 5:31 AM
Should have kept my mouth shut as Taylor went 1-15 and no RBI in round 2 following the bye

2/24/2013 7:47 PM
Sounds like an MVP
2/24/2013 9:40 PM
Sounds like A-Rod.
2/25/2013 2:09 AM
Awards logic a complete mess Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.