Step backwards?? Topic

I just finished my first season and my schools prestige is now an A- I am staying in d3 but just for laughs I looked at the d2 jobs and all the d2 schools with C or worse prestige it said step backwards....from a d3 school? That doesn't make sense to me. The worst d2 job should be better than the best d3 job IMO. Thoughts?
2/23/2013 1:50 AM
A- > C
2/23/2013 2:52 AM
Well by that logic all the B+, B, and B- schools should be steps down as well no?

Doesn't A- > B
2/23/2013 3:08 AM
D2 B > D3 A-
2/23/2013 3:11 AM
Real life analogy:

DII Kentucky Wesleyan has played in 18 DII Final Fours, winning 8 titles.  If I were their coach, I'd consider a move to D1 Binghamton, Grambling or Texas-Pan American a temporary, and risky,  step back.   Temporary only if I were using it as a stepping stone to a better DI program. But risky because those programs rarely succeed.  

Curiously, I looked back at their championship coaches:
Guy Strong left KWC for Eastern Kentucky (Ohio Valley), then 3 years at Oklahoma State before being fired. He then coached high school for 8 seasons before retiring

Bob Daniels went to Marshall for 5 years and was fired

Wayne Chapman resigned after winning the 1990 NT and never coached again. He's s now a scout for the Denver Nuggets. His son, Rex, played at UK and in the NBA

Ray Harper left KWC, amid recruiting violations, for NAIA's Oklahoma City. He then became an assistant at Western Kentucky, was promoted to interim coach in Feb. 2012 and led them to the NCAA tourney. They won a play-in game over Mississippi Valley, then lost to Kentucky in the first round. THis season, they're 14-14 and in 6th place in the Sun Belt.  

Mike Pollio went to VCU (4 seasons) and Eastern Kentucky (4 seasons). He then became the commissioner of the Mid-South Conference (NAIA)
2/23/2013 5:55 AM (edited)
Step backwards?? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.