Broken promise question Topic

I want to get the whole scenario out and don't want to make the post too long so.....Relatively new to game. Took over crappy team on purpose bc what fun is it to take over an already good team that I didn't build? Running out of money and wanted a JUCO player with whom I thought had good ratings and high improvement ratings. Offered starting job. During games, had horrible shooting percentages and way too many turnovers. Benched him. He's complaining. Worst case scenario?
2/24/2013 10:02 PM
BTW, I know it means rep hit, but what EXACTLY does that mean? D3 team
2/24/2013 10:04 PM
Worst case scenario would be his WE drops to 1 and he doesn't transfer after the season, forcing you to cut him and take a minor rep hit.  A "rep hit" means a lowering of your coaching reputation, which supposedly has a (very minor) impact on recruiting.  Also plays a more significant role in the hiring process for new jobs.  I would just cut the guy in the offseason if you're not happy with him, and chalk it up to a learning experience.
2/24/2013 10:26 PM
I have not broken a promise in the HD yet, but HD and GD have some commonalities, and if its like GD the player will complain and his work ethic will drop about 7 to 8 points, then he will wait a few games to see if you put him back in the lineup, if you dont put him back in the lineup his work ethic will drop another 25 to 50 points.
2/24/2013 10:28 PM
Broken promise question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.