I have coached many seasons now and I still feel like a complete idiot when it comes to game planning. How in the world did my team just lose to a weak Sim ai? Anyone have advice about how to run this team? I will probably be fired within a season or two, but we will see...
http://www.whatifsports.com/x.asp?r=649823&u=/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=9181731
http://whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=6946
2/25/2013 12:06 AM
if you consider yourself a game planning idiot i would suggest turning halftime adjustment on to anytime
2/25/2013 12:20 AM
Generally, I wouldn't use slowdown against a team that is worse than mine. And in fact, I don't recall ever doing that. You want as many possessions as possible against a weaker team.
2/25/2013 1:30 AM
I'd like to preface this by saying that i'm by no means a great coach and have a lot less experience than you do so take this with a grain of salt but just glancing at the game you lost i probably would have done a few things differently.

1.) as suggested, normal tempo instead of slowdown
2.) I think your distro for your starters was ok, romano should have been your highest distro, i think i would have liked to have seen schade take more shots as his ATH/LP are pretty darn good.
3.) Your depth chart is pretty close to what I would run myself except i may have swapped backups (guillory and griffith)
a.) guillory as pg2.   Guillory with his 77ath, 75 spd, 88 def, 73 per, 80 bh vs their pg2 brennan (42/82/57/71/82) he matches his speed closer than griffith did
b.) griffith as sg2.  Griffith 55/64/63/95/54 vs their sg2, Long,  47/57/62/75/50.  I just think you could have done this and upped griffiths distro and possibly adjusted him to take more 3's.. granted his ath/spd arent great but 95 per and his ath/spd were better than his sg2.. i'd at least try it out and see what he can do from beyond the arc..  i think you may have missed a clear advantage when these 2 were on the floor against each other..

again.. just a few suggestions.. sometimes it doesn't matter who has the best team, its a sim and it happens.  ive lost to far inferior teams and it really made no sense as to why i lost to them..

2/25/2013 5:55 AM

Playing against a FCP is unpredictable.  Some times the RNG just creates a ton of TOs against you and there isn't anything you can do about it.

2/25/2013 8:45 AM
Thanks for all the guidance.  Just going to keep playing with it - hopefully I'll find a system that works!
2/26/2013 1:14 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.