first time coach and player Topic

I am looking forward to playing this with everyone.  There are lots I do not understand but I'm sure it will come to me eventually.  Maybe some of you could pass on a few tips to me.  First thing I notice is that I'm looking at recruits and the ones that I'm checking out and wanting to recruit, when I go to their recruit tab it shows the recruit tab and when  i click on that it says that I'm not putting any money towards the recruit.  Is there a way for me to bid or whatever it is on a certain player ???????
   Any tips or advice you experienced players want to pass on to me I would really appreciate it.
2/25/2013 12:32 AM
You were probably looking at the recruiting tab before "actual" recruiting began. What WIS does is send you out the e-mail saying that recruiting has begun like at midnight, but it really doesn't start for another 12 hours. You've probably figured that part out by now, but I figured this post looked lonely and I'd give it some company too.
3/1/2013 7:18 PM

Yes I was doing just that.  I hqave it now , thanks.

3/2/2013 10:18 AM
Looks like I'm playing you tonight in exhibition. My team is a long term rebuild.. I should've researched a bit better. Wish I knew about GD reports previous to signing up. 
3/2/2013 2:44 PM
Yeah I signed up really quick without reading enough into it.  This is my first time ever playing and the recruiting process takes to long.  I don't have any money left to recruit and it appears that one team and player is able to get all the players.  Maybe thats how it goes when you been here a while.  I'm still looking forward to trying this out
3/4/2013 9:10 AM
Keep at it and you'll figure it out. It's probably best not to battle other human coaches your first go round. Pick out a few quality "undecided" recruits within your 180 (recruits within 180 miles of your school cost the least to recruit). Usually 3 head coach scouts and 3 assistant coach scouts will get an undecided to consider you - as long as another human coach doesn't go after the same kid. Once a recruit is "green" for you, you don't have to spend any more money on him until you offer a scholarship (make sure you save the $100 for a scholarship offer).

You should also start learning how to battle - against Sim AI first. Pick out a recruit or two (inside your 180) that is already considering schools coached by Sim AI. Use HC and AC scouts to get on his "considering" list, then experiment with home visits and campus visits until you knock the Sims off. You'll start to figure out how much recruiting effort it takes to beat a Sim (it can vary a little, but it's usually pretty consistent) on a recruit. One piece of advice: the longer you take to knock off a Sim, the more it'll cost you.

Once you've got down beating sims, then you can try a human - but they're far less predictable and almost always more expensive to beat than a sim. Pick your battles. If you get caught up in too many, your cash will get drained fast.

Good luck.
3/7/2013 12:49 PM
Read GD's guide to the game and get yatzr's recruiting tool,VERY helpful.
3/7/2013 1:14 PM
Thanks to both of you.  I'm giving it a shot with what i have I guess.  I was able to only recruit and sign one player, the rest were signed by the computer.
3/8/2013 1:36 AM
first time coach and player Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.