Blew my recruiting budget Topic

This is my first time playing HD. Typically I play EA sports college basketball/football. When recruiting with those games you get a set budget every week. For some reason I thought that was the case here and blew the majority of my budget within the first day.

My problem now is I'm broke and I have D2 players who I previously recruited emailing me for a scholarship offer and I don't have enough money to even make an offer. Am I screwed or is there any way to muster up a couple hundred bucks and salvage my recruiting class?

Any help would much appreciated.

2/26/2013 10:29 AM
Screwed.  Sorry, live and learn.  Everyone has some pretty bad first season recruiting stories.

There's a possibility that your assistant will sign some players, but I can't recall the rules around that.

*edit: looks like that only happens for a team that hasn't put forth any recruiting effort - a ghost ship is assumed and all but two openings are filled.  So looks like  you'll be rolling w/ a 7 man rotation this season.  Better play lots of slowdown.

2/26/2013 10:42 AM (edited)
Sorry, there's no more money available until next season.

All new coaches make mistakes in this game. You'll do much better next time
2/26/2013 10:39 AM
It's not the end of the world.   You signed three, you'll have two walk ons (who will be unplayable).  The good news is you'll get more money next season because you'll get 3k to replace each walk on.
2/26/2013 10:44 AM
Thanks for the response guys. I've definitely learned my lesson.
2/26/2013 10:47 AM
Read aejone's post will help any D2/D3 newbie immensely:

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=453763
2/26/2013 10:51 AM
Posted by buddhagamer on 2/26/2013 10:52:00 AM (view original):
Read aejone's post will help any D2/D3 newbie immensely:

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=453763
Thanks for the link. There is a lot of valuable info in there.
2/26/2013 10:58 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/26/2013 10:44:00 AM (view original):
It's not the end of the world.   You signed three, you'll have two walk ons (who will be unplayable).  The good news is you'll get more money next season because you'll get 3k to replace each walk on.
This probably goes without saying, but NEVER offer your walk-ons a scholarship.
2/26/2013 3:03 PM
i've played a couple dozen seasons and struck out in both my DII and DI worlds. it happens to everyone. well not everyone, but most people. 
2/26/2013 3:43 PM
Blew my recruiting budget Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.