D2 season 63 Topic

My teams hungry there beeker.  I felt we should have gotten the one seed over you guys.  It will be a shame to beat you again and put you out of the tourney.  Can't wait for that possible match up.  But first we got some business to take care til we can get to that point.
4/2/2013 9:36 PM
Our first game was crazy, you shot 27 more free throws than me, and I went 16-43 in three pointers.  I think the winner of you and I will be runner up to Queens.  Also, I don't disagree that you should have gotten the 1 over me, I don't know how I got it actually.  I had the 1 SOS and RPI after non conference, but I don't know if they would have taken that into account or not.  Either way, looking forward to a potential rematch.
4/2/2013 9:42 PM
another good take bbunch. I play that 28-1 team. Used to coach against their coach back in my D3 days SEVERAL seasons ago. I don't like my chances.
4/3/2013 12:12 AM
St Mary's tried real hard to lose last night in the opening round. We got lucky and held on to win. Whew!
4/3/2013 2:07 PM
Incarnate Word gets Limestone tonight.  I like us to keep it within the 9 point spread and make a graceful 2nd round exit.
4/3/2013 7:21 PM
Posted by mduncanhogs on 4/3/2013 2:07:00 PM (view original):
St Mary's tried real hard to lose last night in the opening round. We got lucky and held on to win. Whew!
Overall # 1 seed pushed to the limit.
4/3/2013 9:49 PM (edited)
Posted by davefilby on 4/3/2013 7:21:00 PM (view original):
Incarnate Word gets Limestone tonight.  I like us to keep it within the 9 point spread and make a graceful 2nd round exit.
Ha-Ha.... like I said on the my coaches forum - I truely didn't think this would end well for Limestone.  I hoped to avenge my loss to Dave this seasson (knocked me out in NT last year too!).  But I am learning more and more that this is a guard oriented game, and my guards couldn't score.  Perhaps I should have given them the ball more despite their low FG%, but for the most part my strategey worked this year (feeding the bigs).  Good luck to everyone left!  Nice coaching job by IW with the -4 defense....
4/4/2013 11:36 AM
Posted by brianxavier on 4/4/2013 11:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by davefilby on 4/3/2013 7:21:00 PM (view original):
Ha-Ha.... like I said on the my coaches forum - I truely didn't think this would end well for Limestone.  I hoped to avenge my loss to Dave this seasson (knocked me out in NT last year too!).  But I am learning more and more that this is a guard oriented game, and my guards couldn't score.  Perhaps I should have given them the ball more despite their low FG%, but for the most part my strategey worked this year (feeding the bigs).  Good luck to everyone left!  Nice coaching job by IW with the -4 defense....
Looks like I was wrong on both counts, but I'll take it. 

It does seem to be guard heavy, but I think you illustrated that feeding the bigs can be successful enough to score a #1 seed.  I think anyone would take their chances with that, says the guy who hasn't sniffed a #1 seed in a long time.  
4/4/2013 12:02 PM
Some good Elite 8 matchups tonight.  GL to all.  I'm hoping I can finally get St. Mary's over the hump and win a title, but this won't be easy.
4/5/2013 10:03 PM
Im hoping I get home in time from the sharks game to gameplan on my laptop instead of my phone
4/6/2013 12:27 AM
yea duncan goodluck against cowz, he got me twice this year already! I have played many seasons of hoops dynasty and have only made it to 3 final fours, looking to make it my 4th tonight and I have never even made it to the championship game! 
4/6/2013 12:33 AM
We beat Bowie St earlier in the year by 11 but that was on our home floor. I am anticipating another tough game tonight like our last 2 against Harding and Armstrong Atlantic!
4/6/2013 12:34 AM
Final Four matchups are St. Mary's TX vs. Indianapolis and Queens U NC vs. Hillsdale.  Who do you like?

The Final Four features some very good defensive teams, and all 4 teams play M2M defense, which I find interesting (3 FCP teams lost last night). St. Mary's TX is #15 in points allowed per game and #10 in rebounds allowed .  Indianapolis is #5 in points allowed per game, #9 in rebounds allowed, #2 in assists against, #6 in opponents FG % and #13 in blocked shots per game.  Queens U NC is #17 in assists allowed and #19 in opponents FG %.  Hillsdale is #22 in points allowed per game, #23 in rebounds allowed, #4 in assists allowed, #4 in blocks per game, #2 in opponents FG% and #7 in opponents 3pt shooting %.

Each team has some offensive strengths too.  St. Mary's is #10 at 3pt shooting % and #1 at FT shooting % (which helped a lot last night in beating Pfeiffer).  Indianapolis is #11 at FG shooting % and #16 at 3pt shooting %.  Queens U NC is #19 in FG shooting %.  Hillsdale is #4 at FG shooting % and #25 at 3pt shooting %.
4/6/2013 9:28 AM
Hillsdale took us down by 10 at their place earlier in the year. Time for some revenge!
4/6/2013 10:03 AM
St. Mary's vs hillsdale.
4/7/2013 12:04 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
D2 season 63 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.