Perimeter 27

Ball Handling 11

Passing 30

Work Ethic 48

Stamina 69

Durability 83

FT Shooting C  
2/27/2013 10:11 AM
I am really needing to have him at SF so I can make a extra spot for a big man... but IDK if it will work out the way it should
2/27/2013 10:12 AM
is this due to a start promise for one of the freshman bigs? If so, I might consider using target minutes instead of fatigue and just set whichever frosh starts to 4 minutes and slot Armor in at the 2nd slot on the depth chart and target 20-24 or whatever... alternately he can play the 3, but I think Jones at the 3 and Armor at the 4 would be better (I like Jones' bh advantage at the 3). 

My choices in these kinds of questions are usually at odds with most other folks, so take with multiple grains of salt. 
2/27/2013 10:26 AM
What's your schedule like?  Good teams are gonna take that guy behind the woodshed, you can probably get away with him there vs SIMS.
2/27/2013 10:36 AM
schedule is pretty tough... 4 sims only... 3 teams in top 10 and a #14  plus my conference is ranked #1  --   i don't have any promised starts, I just am trying to avoid a redshirt and hurt a guys WE... I couldnt find another guard to recruit so I had to settle for an additonal big man, that I really won't need until next season
2/27/2013 10:52 AM
Did you try the RS on guys and no one would take it?
2/27/2013 10:59 AM
not yet --  i have to renew my season before I can do that lol
2/27/2013 11:00 AM
I consider SF to be the position you can put just about anyone into, but it will sway the balance of your teams abilities on the floor  toward what he is good at and away from what he isn't.

2/27/2013 3:11 PM
Posted by zbolton1 on 2/27/2013 10:52:00 AM (view original):
schedule is pretty tough... 4 sims only... 3 teams in top 10 and a #14  plus my conference is ranked #1  --   i don't have any promised starts, I just am trying to avoid a redshirt and hurt a guys WE... I couldnt find another guard to recruit so I had to settle for an additonal big man, that I really won't need until next season
if you dont find a guy you like, dont be afraid to take a walkon. if you dont really need a guy this year, but hes good and will start for you later, thats fine to take him. but dont take a guy who sucks just because you cant find anyone else, at least not until you are already taking multiple walkons. im not really sure which category this guy falls into, so im not saying you shouldnt have taken him, just that its a pretty common mistake for coaches to take guys they dont really want just to fill their spots.

this guy can play the 3, i mean obviously hes not good at it... but the situation to me is like this. if the other team has a good scorer at the 3, you are going to get decimated. if not, you are probably fine, bistiza is right, you can really throw anyone at the 3. you dont really need *anything* at the 3, no single skill is really a prereq to a productive 3, like reb is for a big, or pass for a pg. the single exception would be defense - you will pay if the other team has a strong scorer there. id try to put a better defender there if you can (didnt look at your team), when the opposing 3 is one of their primary scorers.
2/27/2013 3:46 PM
great answer guys... I will try to sub him in & out --  i found a guy (my last recruit) with good WE and high potential but just good ratings to start off... but I am a believer that they improve more if they get in the game, even if its only 8 minutes a game thats better than zero, which will help his stats increase.
2/27/2013 4:46 PM
can this guy play SF Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.