first time at D1A....Wake Forest / Leahy Topic

any advice on recruiting? i've been debating waiting until after signing day to actually begin....i have been having some luck at D1AA picking up D1A leftovers......or should i jump right into it?
2/28/2013 4:51 PM
Stay close to home... Don't wait till signings, that is too long and you won't get good enough talent to be successful enough to compete and keep your job. I would recommend going for a couple studs at some key position needs and then settling for a little lower talent elsewhere. You can still find players who are looking at just sims or mid majors later in recruiting (still before signings). Just be smart and keep close and avoid battles... kinda routine like all the other levels. However, as I tried to show, you need to be a little more aggressive now because maintaining a BCS job is the toughest at DIA IMO, so to be competitive you need some good talent.
2/28/2013 6:43 PM
thanks.....i am assuming the best thing to do (given the challenge of being fired) is to maintain the position practice the previous owner used so i dont have a drop off in IQ?
2/28/2013 7:14 PM (edited)
That is up to you, it seems form IQ impact is minimal... I would do what suits the talent you have now and then recruit to maintain that or recruit to start building more of your personalized style
2/28/2013 10:32 PM
lasst thing for anyone...i noticed that the growth rate of prospects who supposedly have "room to grow", "improve a lot over 4 years" or "sky is the limit"  at D1AA was not nearly what it was down at DII or DIII. I am assuming its even less impressive at this level.....my recruiting has always been based on just take the high WE, + growth guys only & an average recruit if i ran out of money, lol....does it even matter at  this level?
3/1/2013 8:42 AM
The potential still has an affect on player growth at DIA... However, players dont grow as much as they do at lower levels
3/1/2013 5:55 PM
first time at D1A....Wake Forest / Leahy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.