I was bored tonight and looking around the forums and I was wondering if any of you other vet coaches knew if we had/ have a GD mentor list? I know HD has one and HBD has one. With the beta going and just overall turnover it seems like we are getting a lot of new coaches again. I used the HBD mentor list to find someone to help me when I started my team and I found their advice and answers to my questions very helpful.

I know coaches can go find other successful coaches and ask them questions or post on forums. I just think that a centralized list of people willing to help out other/new coaches would be convenient. It would allow better quality/personalized answers than forums and sometimes forum responses aren't helpful/productive. It would allow coaches to ask questions from other coaches who weren't in their world or that might provide a different perspective to an issue.

I can't make or couldn't figure out how to make this a pinned topic. 

Just a thought
2/28/2013 11:03 PM
Interested in a GD Mentor List?

Votes: 28
(Last vote received: 5/15/2013 8:39 AM)
2/28/2013 11:04 PM
If there were a GD Mentor List would you use it/ find it helpful?

Votes: 29
(Last vote received: 5/15/2013 8:39 AM)
2/28/2013 11:05 PM
At one time before 2.0 there were a lot of Mentors that would be glad to train any one if not answer any question out there. There are still some out there but most of the golden oldies quit the game when 2.0 came out. Too bad.
2/28/2013 11:17 PM
With a new version coming out, I doubt anybody will be comfortable mentoring someone. Much like when 2.0 came out.
3/1/2013 7:10 AM
I think you could start with people on the council.
3/1/2013 6:20 PM
The council would be a good place to start but I have only seen 2 or 3 people admit that they are on the council.
3/1/2013 9:53 PM
The council is just a figment of your imagination, its existence is merely a myth.  

On a more serious note, I think mentors should simply be anyone who wants to help out others.  In some cases they can give direct knowledge, in other cases, simply point new/other coaches towards the right information.  Even with the new engine upcoming, there are still many things that will remain the same....recruiting being the first that comes to mind.  How and who to schedule, what is vision, blah, blah, blah...
3/2/2013 5:57 AM
I mentored a couple coaches a little. In 1.0 my advice was run run run the ball.

Now it is run run run away.

With 3.0 I say, try it, it's free.

3/2/2013 7:22 AM (edited)
you can still get in on 3.0 free beta? How?
3/2/2013 12:58 PM
Either they will open another world, or when the first season is over, a few will move to D-II and there will be open teams.
3/2/2013 5:42 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.