Posted by noah23 on 3/6/2013 8:56:00 PM (view original):
So you are saying that the extra practice time translates to between 8 and 20 points in a core category over the four years (if his potential allows it I would guess) Seriously..that makes me think that it is a waste of time to practice sets. Interesting. 
It all depends on what you wanna believe.

If you want to believe that practicing formations has no merit at DII-DIII from people who have never won a NC...you are entitled to believe that opinion...if you choose.

If you want to believe that practicing formations has merit at DII-DIII from someone who has won 29 NC's...you are entitled to believe that opinion...if you choose.

3/6/2013 9:42 PM (edited)
I'm not changing my plan based on it, but if the numbers are right then it does have logical sense behind it. I just can't imagine that they would make form IQ not important, and if it isn't I doubt they will continue it in 3.0
3/6/2013 10:54 PM
I appreciate all feedback. I at least seemed to be somewhat competent in HD, but in GD I have a total 3-23 record in my previous two attempts. 
3/6/2013 10:55 PM
Posted by vick12 on 3/6/2013 9:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by noah23 on 3/6/2013 8:56:00 PM (view original):
So you are saying that the extra practice time translates to between 8 and 20 points in a core category over the four years (if his potential allows it I would guess) Seriously..that makes me think that it is a waste of time to practice sets. Interesting. 
It all depends on what you wanna believe.

If you want to believe that practicing formations has no merit at DII-DIII from people who have never won a NC...you are entitled to believe that opinion...if you choose.

If you want to believe that practicing formations has merit at DII-DIII from someone who has won 29 NC's...you are entitled to believe that opinion...if you choose.

If you ever want to know how good Vick12/Demauler is, just ask. Or don't. He will tell you any way.
3/7/2013 2:43 AM
Posted by noah23 on 3/6/2013 10:55:00 PM (view original):
I appreciate all feedback. I at least seemed to be somewhat competent in HD, but in GD I have a total 3-23 record in my previous two attempts. 
My advice is keep it simple to start with.  One or two offensive formations only.  One or two (plus some Dime) defenses only.  Don't gameplan yourself to death.  SIMs play the same gamplans on offense and defense, so you have an advantage in that you know what they are gonna do.  Set up your gameplan for SIM...and then don't even change it for humans (to start with..in order to keep it simple).

This is not what I recommend long term, but when I started I tried to "out think" the game...then realized that it is a "game"...not real life football.  So you have to find out how the game works, and what you can do to impact how your team performs within the confines of the game.

That said, recruiting is king....so you have to have at least decent talent or you are not gonna get very far.
3/7/2013 7:31 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.