any fatigue factors besides minutes played ? Topic

I have a theme league team that will have some challenges in terms of total minutes and therefore fatigue.
Just ten games in, nearly half the team is showing fatigue (overtime games definitely do not help).

Are there any other factors besides total minutes played that affect fatigue ?   
E.g., does offensive pace play a role ?    Player activity (stat line items like shots, rebounds, assists, turnovers) ?

Thanks!
==
coach tho
3/3/2013 3:16 PM
It's only minutes played.  A player can be on a pace 102% of his real life minutes before becoming fatigued.  For example if a player had 3000 minutes in real life, he will be at 100% as long as he hasn't played more than 1530 minutes after 41 games.
3/3/2013 4:14 PM
The team has roughly a "9 minute" per game margin, so the nominal allocations are within the minute limits.
There are enough "low" minute-per-game players, though, so that 1-2 additional minutes per game over a few games has a large impact as I have discovered.
3/3/2013 4:44 PM
pace doesnt impact fatigue but overextending usage can impact performance - also the sim is jacked to **** so you might as well be rolling a set of dice anyway
3/3/2013 6:48 PM
I award you with the prestigious Whiner of the Decade award, felonius.

You have worked hard at whining and therefore I have determined you are the most worthy choice for the said award.

Congratulations.

3/4/2013 12:44 PM
you have no idea, mr 16 posts, not even a little one, of who you're talking to or what you're talking about

but I accept this award in the spirit it was given and want you to know how hard I have worked for it, I deserve it - I would like to take this opportunity to thank no one, especially seble who has done nothing at all for the longest time to deserve thanks. I would also like to take the opportunity to not thank fox sports who have also done nothing to either promote or improve this site and under whose management we have only seen declines in product quality and service. Finally I do however want to thank myself. I did this for you, me.
3/4/2013 12:54 PM (edited)
Actually whinerboy I know exactly what I'm talking about. Under this name sure I only have 16 posts. Though as shocking as it may be this isn't my only name! Imagine that! I've actually been a member of WiS since around 2005.. Shocking.. just shocking I know! Someone uses more than one name!

3/4/2013 6:10 PM
do you really want to compare bona fides? is that your thing? you know what you know - doesnt seem to be too much
3/4/2013 7:15 PM
It is my experience that tempo has a profound effect on fatique. I currently have a team in a $42M league that drafted 17,100 total min's and has 3 "D" rookies, I ran the team slowdown for the season, it's now in the PO's @ 100% on all players. Put your additional min's on your starters, playing a 10 min player 1 min over is much worse than playing a 33 min player 1 min over. ( 1/10 =10% vs 1/33 = 3%) Another thing I do is "burn" scrubs, I'll play a 3-4 min scrub 9-10 min's for 2 games (fatigue = 5-10%) while resting my main bench player, then put the scrub away while he recovers. I repeat this 3-4 times in the early season, then a few more times around 50-60 games in, this usually has the desired effect. It helps if your scrubs are decent ball players. To enforce a slowdown game you need high FG% & strong defense or the uptempo crew will run away and beat you by 30pts. GL
3/10/2013 12:10 AM
your experience is misleading you, smokey.  Tempo has *******ZERO****** effect on fatigue.  Period.
3/10/2013 5:15 PM
Posted by disturbed99x on 3/4/2013 6:10:00 PM (view original):
Actually whinerboy I know exactly what I'm talking about. Under this name sure I only have 16 posts. Though as shocking as it may be this isn't my only name! Imagine that! I've actually been a member of WiS since around 2005.. Shocking.. just shocking I know! Someone uses more than one name!

The irony of this statement is amazing considering who you're talking to.
3/10/2013 5:15 PM
any fatigue factors besides minutes played ? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.