Sorry new to the game and trying to figure it out.  Which DB would you prefer? DIII DB starting day 1 all are same potential (WE 40-43)

DB1  70 sp 48 GI 16 Tech

DB2  50sp  49 GI 24 Tech

DB3  44Sp  44GI  44 Tech

TY
3/4/2013 5:52 PM
DB1 - can't coach speed as a cornerback, DB2 and 3 would make better safeties in my opinion.
3/4/2013 7:05 PM
to get truly accurate advice you would need to post all of their ratings and their potentials.
3/5/2013 8:18 AM
Or conversely import them into a GUESS Reports spreadsheet or use Yatzr's recruiting tool!
3/5/2013 11:30 AM
Here are the factors to consider, IMO:

1.  Are you looking for a CB or a Safety?
2.  As mentioned, all the ratings and their potential must be known also.
3.  What is your defensive philosophy?  Example:  I have built a secondary based on speed as my number 1 requirement.  Some coaches build a secondary based on TECH as their number 1 requirement.  Depending on the style you play and the expected opponents you will face, you may need to have more safety type players...or if you play a lot of Dime, you will want more CB type players.
3/5/2013 8:58 PM
WE does not equal potential.
3/5/2013 11:11 PM
Ty for all the replies.  Looks like quite a learning curve to this game. GOOD!   The team I took over has 0 DBs over 30 in any core attributes.  So everyone I sign will start.  I looked at GUESS and some other tools so maybe I signed the best guys.  May stay in DIII till I feel comfortable moving up.
3/10/2013 2:29 PM
If you see a DB with 70 spd you can sign, get him!
3/10/2013 2:59 PM
Posted by cadelu on 3/10/2013 2:29:00 PM (view original):
Ty for all the replies.  Looks like quite a learning curve to this game. GOOD!   The team I took over has 0 DBs over 30 in any core attributes.  So everyone I sign will start.  I looked at GUESS and some other tools so maybe I signed the best guys.  May stay in DIII till I feel comfortable moving up.
If you are going to start them, make sure to offer Freshman starts and Playing Time so that their attributes grow considerably quicker.
3/10/2013 3:40 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.