Pick up Basketball Question Topic

I play ball alot at our local YMCA during my lunch hour.  What are your thoughts on people that close out on you by lunging at your schnuts?
3/5/2013 9:58 AM
Sweep the leg.
3/5/2013 10:17 AM
Daniel LaRussa is going to fight?
3/5/2013 10:25 AM
I used to play pick up basketball but stopped because I didn't like the overall lack of structure.

I liked playing on a consistent team, which typically doesn't happen even during somewhat organized pickup events with the same players on regular occasions.

I also severely dislike the idea that there are no shooting fouls, which means hacking the **** out of someone every time they try to shoot becomes an effective strategy to disrupt their flow and make the game a drudgery to play.

3/5/2013 10:54 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/5/2013 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Daniel LaRussa is going to fight?
I like that!  I told the guy the next time he does it he will get a knee to the jaw.
3/5/2013 12:15 PM
Sounds like the guy's been watching too much Serge Ibaka

Nut Shot
3/5/2013 12:37 PM
If they come with their hand out, just act like you're going to make a bounce pass and drill their fingers with the ball while you are still holding it.  A couple of jammed fingers usually does the job.
3/5/2013 2:17 PM
Pick up Basketball Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.