Quickly Calculating W/L vs each team Topic

I read this message board often but very rarely post anything. I have gained alot of knowledge about the game from yall so I thought I would contribute something I find useful. This is a very quick step-by-step way to calculate your W/L record vs each team in the league in excel. If you just want to know your record against one team its faster just to scroll up and down on the schedule but if you are in a competitive WC race this can be useful (and quick!).

1. Open your full schedule page and copy from date through your last game.
2. Paste in excel and delete the rows 2 through the "Prepare for the regular season"
3. Move the headers over one space and type anything in cell A1.
4. Use the find tool to replace all the "@" with " " (you want nothing there)
5. Click anywhere in the table, followed by "Insert" "Pivot table"
6. On the right side of your excel screen move "Opponent/event" to row labels and "W/L" to both column labels and values.

Might seem like alot of effort but after you've done it once it takes roughly 45 seconds. Anyways, I just thought I contribute!
3/5/2013 7:01 PM (edited)
That is pretty slick.

Thanks for posting this.
3/5/2013 11:15 AM
I'll just add one step:

4.5 - sort the data by the W/L column, delete all rows that have a blank for W/L - this gets rid of non-game events, such as "Off Days", "All-Star Game", etc.  Cleans up the data
3/5/2013 11:24 AM
Yup, good call Tec. Hopefully a few people will find this useful!
3/5/2013 11:26 AM
Quickly Calculating W/L vs each team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.