No complaints here but someone please make sense of this one.

Some reference points:

I'm at EMU with a B- prestige. The MAC has a C- prestige. Ivy is a C-.

I am qualified for all jobs at a B- or down EXCEPT:
     Princeton (Ivy) with a prestige of D+
     Cornell (Ivy) with a prestige of D-.

Obviously, this makes complete sense to me.

Of another story, I am not qualified for the BYU (B, MWC is a C) or E.Tenn.St (B, Southern is a D+). So, does that mean that when Jim Groce went from Ohio U to Illinois, that Ohio had a better program in real life? I thought we were trying to mirror real life here. But that's a whole new argument.
3/5/2013 8:03 PM (edited)
John Calipari would never get hired at Princeton or Cornell.

Food for thought.
3/5/2013 10:21 PM
Fair point. I don't have a perfect reputation. Problem solved.
3/5/2013 11:58 PM
i think the ivy league is the only league that requires an a+ rep (i know they require an a+, but im not positive nobody else does - i dont think so, though)
3/6/2013 3:36 AM
The fact that you aren't qualified for BYU and E.Tenn State is very indicative of a major problem with the jobs process...it's close to impossible to fill the seat of a mid-major that has been built up, and then abandoned for greener pastures. 
3/6/2013 7:58 AM
It's pretty impossible to fill any D1 school with a B prestige and up. Either some big 6 coach has to come down or some D2 coach with 15 - 20 seasons of success has to take the job. The only other possible good applicant would be another mid major coach with the same or higher prestige taking the job in all scenarios though it is pretty unlikely to happen. kinda hate that these schools must be run into the ground by simmy before a likely candidate takes the job...
3/6/2013 9:42 AM
I have been frustrated with the job process for a long time.  While I haven't set the world on fire, I also haven't been a slouch with my TCU team.  For the most part I can't even make a lateral move.
3/6/2013 12:14 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.