OT- Scheduling Oddity Topic

In the 13-team  Mid-Eastern Conference,  schools play a 16-game schedule.  They play some schools twice but there's one team they don't meet at all. 

Consequently, Norfolk St. (15-0 in conference play) can only play  N.C. Central (14-1) if they both make the CT finals.
3/6/2013 4:21 AM
I'm not sure what's so odd about that...if any two teams make the championship game, they can only play each other
3/6/2013 6:35 AM
I didn't express that very well. 

It's odd because they don't play in the regular season. Every team in that conference has one team they don't play at all, while they meet 5 other teams twice each.
3/6/2013 7:30 AM (edited)
Yeah, I actually noticed that when looking over the early conference tournaments that start over the next few days. 

I have a feeling Norfolk State and NC Central won't meet, because small conference tournaments are always wacky and the top two teams rarely meet in the finals, but that would be really neat to see. 

Of all the possibilities, for the two top teams in the conference to not meet one another but play everyone else is certainly interesting.  I wonder if they'll switch it up and play each other twice next season.

3/6/2013 4:13 PM
They might be on a two-year rotation. Norfolk and NC Central played twice in 2011 but not at all in 2012 and 2013.  In 2011, Norfolk didn't play Savannah St.
3/6/2013 4:30 PM
OT- Scheduling Oddity Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.